The Tuul Crib

Best engine oil

edgro

Mobil1 10w30 in everything (except weedwacker, of course)

tom2p

I've been using Mobil 1 since late 70's - including Wheel Horse tractors including a 704 and and 312-8 and 416-H.  Primarily 10w30 ; more recently 5W30.

Just this summer also began to use Quaker State Ultimate Durability (also synthetic).  Was not a Quaker State fan - but  Ultimate Durability good reviews and recommendations.

Skipper

Castrol edge titanium 0w40 for me. Never had an unhappy engine complain to me :-)

• Like 1

Stepney

Well I just pack old butter in the grease caps, and throw whatever feels slippery in the oil dripper ... Oh wait, you guys aren't talking about a hit and missB)

Rotella T4 15/40 for me. Just because it's more easily available then t1. I run it in my old 300-I6 pickup and all the tractors. Never a complaint. Not so much the tractors, but I did notice some oil leaks quit on the Ford after a week with the T4. Maybe coincidence, who knows. 

I did have a JD 116 with the B&S opposed .. that one got a healthy dose of 80/90 gear oil whenever it was needed. With a deep cycle battery off the rear.. you might say I tried for way too long to keep that baby alive. 

But yeah. 15/40 in all the 4 cycles unless otherwise required. My older engines all get straight ND 40. 

As for 2 strokes .. Klotz or nothing. 

Edited by Stepney
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Stepney said:

old butter

NEW butter might have a better viscosity

Darb1964

I put rotella in .My 418-8 last oil change,it seemed to like it. 15-40