Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Plowing Video

T-Mo

I pulled this off from a CC site, but if anyone who likes to play in the dirt or think they are a wanna be farmer, I thought this might interest you. It's a video of the Plow Day held May 18, 2008 near Colfax, Wisconsin.

th_WIPD08_web.jpg

Rollerman

Pretty cool vid Terry, but kind of long to watch all that yellow & green. :omg:

Always surprises me in vids like that or others on you tube the lack of Horses or any other make besides the IH's & JD's.

I know it's not because they are less capeable. :drool:

T-Mo

Maybe a lack of interest in plowing among our Wheel Horse brethren? :omg:

Rollerman

That could be it Terry.

There have been a few times a plow day was brought up to me & I passed.

Maybe I need to dig my 953 out get the plow ready just in case. :omg:

CasualObserver

I've noticed the same. The events are mainly sponsored by WFM and IHCC forum participants and members. There's usually at least a representative of Wheel Horse, Bolens, Case...etc (all equally capable machines), but they are definitely not in the majority. I think it mostly has to due with the fact that "typically" farmers with ground to donate to the cause are members or owners of those two main brands and their events are widely publicized on those forums. You don't hear much about the Gravely Mow-in's either unless you're "in the circle" so to speak. I think the majority of Wheel Horse owners these days are of a more suburban background and mindset, and aren't as interested in turning under a couple acres.

T-Mo

Jason,

I was also thinking about that Wheel Horse owners might typically be more "suburbanites" than farmers, or "farmer's wanna bees" as I think is most often is the case. :omg:

KyBlue

Pretty Cool Video. Wouldnt mind doing a plow day, but don't have a plow, and none of my WH bretherin are really close like all of ya in PA or Mi or even CT are... I guess I'll stick to using the tiller for now.

Gene_S

Plow day would be fun... Every spring I really look foward to putting the plow on the D-200. This year I picked up two more plows, a 8inch and 10 inch. I put the 8 inch behind my 653 and man that was fun... Nothing like turning earth! :omg:

big mike

http://www.plowdayfever.com/

Climax Michigan will be a good time.

Good soil to turn.

There is also going to be a local plow day in Buchanan Michigan tomorrow at the Buchanan school farm on Andrews Rd.

I am planning to take 2 tractors and hoping some other garden tractors show up so I have somebody to plow with.