giantsean

D200 no hydraulics

giantsean

Hey guys,

Was pushing dirt around w/ my repower D200.  It has a Predator engine w/ a custom coupler, kind of like a same shape interference fit on each end.  Suddenly lost motion and then other hydraulics like lift arms etc.  No big puddles other than the small leaks it already had.

One thing I did notice is the brake rod on the tranny is hanging free (having long been disconnected).  That lever that is on the tranny... is that a relief that stops flow when brake is hit?  Doesn't explain the lifts unless they all get killed at once.  I would have fiddled with it more but I had to get down to see it and wasn't keen on it suddenly running over my head (this one LOVES trying to kill me)

If not that rod/lever, any other ideas?  The shaft still turns, and seems like it slips/bogs a bit when the motion control is pushed back or forth.  I hope the hydro itself isn't burnt up, but readying myself for the worst.  Time for someone to make a puller out of this thing and have me rid of it :P

• Sad 2

953 nut

When all hydraulics suddenly fail it is usually the coupling.

giantsean

Indeed it is.  it already looked a little wonky yesterday but it was too hot to really muck with.  Today I was able to hold the coupler and spin the crank... something's all loose in there... so that's that.  Unfortunately now I have to take the engine out to get at it, and the only way I have to get it back to the garage is to tow it up a hill :(

I spent most of today fixing up all that was wrong w/ my original D-200, went to start it, and now the bendix doesn't extend.  Why the merciful Lord does not allow me one working D-200 is one of the great mysteries of our lifetimes.

Meh.. at least the important stuff still works :P

Edited by giantsean
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

pacer

The bendix on mine would stick --- being the lazy guy that I am I went several years just grabbing a spray can of ..... anything handy and give it a squirt and away we went -- for a month or so til it decided to stick again. I finally tore into it and could not see any problem other than mildly dirty and some slight wear on the end bushings, went ahead an replaced the bushings and a good clean up and it hasnt stuck since.:handgestures-fingerscrossed:

• Excellent 1

giantsean
2 hours ago, pacer said:

The bendix on mine would stick --- being the lazy guy that I am I went several years just grabbing a spray can of ..... anything handy and give it a squirt and away we went -- for a month or so til it decided to stick again. I finally tore into it and could not see any problem other than mildly dirty and some slight wear on the end bushings, went ahead an replaced the bushings and a good clean up and it hasnt stuck since.:handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Yeah I can already tell what an awesome job removing that thing is going to be to get a good cleaning on it.  I am convinced Wheel Horse went under because owners over time located and beat all their designers and engineers to death... or maybe a few got jobs at Volkswagen where they could truly practice their masochism unencumbered. 

Yes yes, I know they got bought out by Toro... but that's not very funny.

• Haha 1