formariz

520h transmission capacity.

formariz

What is the approximate transmission oil capacity? Kind of hard to read dipstick . Seems that oil sticks to walls of tube.

cleat

pull out tube and let the oil settle down for a bit then you can get a good reading.

Make sure the vent is clear (it is the handle of the dipstick itself) so the oil can drain down the tube itself easier without the need to pull and then wait.

It will hold around 5 quarts from full empty (which is hard to do, I have never been able to get that much in).

• Thanks 1

formariz
8 minutes ago, cleat said:

pull out tube and let the oil settle down for a bit then you can get a good reading.

Make sure the vent is clear (it is the handle of the dipstick itself) so the oil can drain down the tube itself easier without the need to pull and then wait.

It will hold around 5 quarts from full empty (which is hard to do, I have never been able to get that much in).

A bit frustrating, one side of dip stick will show good level while the other side is dry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

formariz

Am I correct to assume that a bit over is not  a problem?

cleat

Assuming the vent is clear, the worst that can happen is a burp of oil on your floor.

• Like 1