Mudrig150

3 strikes, you're banned...

953 nut
1 minute ago, Stormin said:

Can they do that? Bit like wanting to read your letters etc. I would call it an invasion of privacy.

It has become standard practice as a part of background checks. If you want to apply for employment with a quality employer the potential employer wants to know you won't become a thorn in their side. It is amazing how many stupid people post negative hateful comments about their employer on social media. If you don't want to have a background check you are free to go elsewhere. However, you need to realize that none of the other employees at that other job have been checked either.  :jaw:

tunahead72
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:38 AM, Mudrig150 said:

4 years of memories... gone.

4 years of friendships... gone.

4 years of pictures... gone.

Our cat died last year, and I have nothing to remember her by...

All because of one comment by my brother.

Mmmm…  Not really.

I was going to stay out of this conversation, but I just went back and read your first two posts in this thread, and thought I'd add my two cents worth.  It's meant to be a friendly comment, and I hope you take it that way.

Literally 50 plus years ago (!!!), I took my first driver's education course, I was about your age and just dying to get my driver's license and get the h*ll out of town.  We had to watch a film called something like "The Final Cause", which really stuck with me all these years. I'm foggy on the details, but it basically documented the entire process of a horrible car accident, starting with the driver being in a rush to get out of the house, not being able to find her keys, late to wherever she was going, fiddling with her radio, spilling her drink, that sort of thing, and finally somebody else on the road made a stupid move and there was a nasty crash.  Point being that the other driver's mistake might have directly caused the accident, but there was a lot of activity leading up to it that was directly under the control of the young lady driving the car.  If she had changed any one of those things, the accident might not have happened.

Your brother's comment might have directly caused you to be banned by Facebook, but it was only "the final cause".  NONE of what Facebook did was caused ONLY by your brother's comment.  You mentioned in your first post that you already had two strikes against you with Facebook, you were in an argument with another guy, your brother sent his message to this guy, you "accidentally" shared your for sale post to other groups, and then Facebook finally did their thing.  If ANY of those things, or anything else leading up to this situation that you didn't tell us about, hadn't happened, you'd still be on Facebook and happy to be there.

You've heard lots of comments from some of the guys here, some of them pretty harsh I know.  And I don't have any particular advice for you.  But I do think this would be a good time to just step back from the whole mess for a while, forget about Facebook and find something else to do with your time.  I've read some of your earlier posts, you're young, and you clearly have some talent with these tractors, try to use it, or let it evolve into something better.  You haven't really wasted four years of your life, all the important memories are still in your head, and you can find other ways to keep your friendships going.  The pictures, yeah they might be gone, but I know you can find other ways to save photos from now on.

As my kids' elementary school principal used to say, tomorrow's another day!

• Like 2

WHNJ701

time for this topic to closed 

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

The Tuul Crib

I foward the motion. All in favor say eye!

stevasaurus

I think it has run it's course.

• Like 2
  • Heart 2