Mudrig150

3 strikes, you're banned...

Mudrig150

Welp. It finally happened. I got permanently banned from facebook. My brother decided it would be funny to message someone I was in an argument with something along the lines of "How much crack are you smoking?". That set the guy off. He first reported me on marketplace, which got my posts removed and a month long inability to post any more. I was annoyed by that, but I could deal with it.
Then, I accidentally shared my for sale post to every group I was in, which gave the guy more fuel to report me for spamming. Facebook reviewed his report and because I already had 2 strikes from previous reports, I was permanently banned from the site.
4 years.
4 YEARS of my life wasted. It's all gone, all my posts, all my help, all my pictures, allll gone because of one of my brother's cruel jokes. And only 16 days away from my birthday, too...

• Sad 2

Stormin

Never been on Faceache and don't ever intend to.

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

Mudrig150

4 years of memories... gone.

4 years of friendships... gone.

4 years of pictures... gone.

Our cat died last year, and I have nothing to remember her by...

All because of one comment by my brother.

• Sad 1

WHNJ701

oh well

bottjernat1

Easy way to get around that i have a friend when he gets banned on his 1 facebook he has another one he uses. You can easily open a new one under a different name may not want to use a photo of yourself in case there is a witch hunt out. LOL  I love facebook lots of helpful folks on there and family that lives far away i can chat to and share stuff. But I got to say facebook needs to stay out of peoples business. i just got flagged for a post i did like a month ago. So stupid. People can get you banned if there just douchebags. I have meet a lot of wheelhorse folks around me from facebook. I have sold a lot of stuff and bought a lot of stuff. 

bottjernat1
4 hours ago, Stormin said:

Never been on Faceache and don't ever intend to.

ur missing out. lots of neat groups on there. I ignore the idiots on there. I have bought many things for my horses on there. and i have sold many things. 

Edited by bottjernat1

The Tuul Crib

Social media lMO is a way to give up all 

of you info then your life has no 

privacy. We reap what we sew😢

• Like 1

bottjernat1
2 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

Social media lMO is a way to give up all 

of you info then your life has no 

privacy. We reap what we sew😢

dont put out what you dont want folks to know. easy way around that. there are many things folks dont know about me! LOL

Edited by bottjernat1
  • Like 2

The Tuul Crib
30 minutes ago, pullstart said:

@Mudrig150, you seem like teenage to young 20’s?  There will be so many greater losses in your life.  This year, our family’s major upsets were when my mother in-law was hit by a truck, then their house burned down.  Months later, our basement flooded.  Grandparents will be gone, more pets will be lost, life is not easy.  I’m sorry for your loss of what matters to you now, but some day you’ll realize that a photo sharing site, turned advertisements, arguments and full of negativity won’t be all that bad.

:text-yeahthat:

• Excellent 1

rmaynard

3 hours ago, Mudrig150 said:

4 years of memories... gone.

4 years of friendships... gone.

4 years of pictures... gone.

Our cat died last year, and I have nothing to remember her by...

If the only place you saved memories of your life is Facebook, then I would say you only have yourself to blame. 

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4

bc.gold

Friends of my father owned this pet cemetery.

https://www.surreynowleader.com/community/history-abandoned-surrey-pet-cemetery-was-once-a-sanctuary-for-grieving-pet-owners/

Now you can have your pet or loved one cremated with the remains turned into an everlasting diamond.

https://www.cremationsolutions.com/cremation-jewelry-for-ashes/cremation-diamonds

Not so long ago, Surrey was home to the only active cemetery dedicated to departed pets in British Columbia.

In the early 1950s, Burnaby residents Daniel and Nellie Blair unexpectedly lost their beloved dog to a car accident and were at a loss of what to do. If they had lived in a more rural area, they may have buried their pets on their own land. But the Blairs didn’t have that option in their urban home.

Losing their pet was a life-changing experience for the family. They felt strongly there had to be another way to lay their dog to rest, and that other pet owners would feel the same.

After much research, the Blairs found that all they needed to create their own pet cemetery was a business license and a suitable plot of land. In 1952, they settled on a five-acre plot in rural Newton, on a hill crest near 76 Avenue and 147 Street. The land would need clearing but it was perfectly central and easy to access. Thus began the B.C. Pet Cemetery, the only one of its kind in the province at that time.

dia.png

• Like 1

slim67

Never had a Facebook account and never will. To hell with zuckerberg. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 1

oliver2-44

I had a Facebook account and used it to monitor some other tractor brands that don't have good sites elsewhere.  I never posted anything, just read and learned.  Somehow after only about six months I got banned? I submitted one of there online protest forms but never hear anything. :angry-tappingfoot:

Been making it just fine for a year now without it. :woohoo::greetings-clappingorange:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

clueless
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

@Mudrig150, you seem like teenage to young 20’s?  There will be so many greater losses in your life.  This year, our family’s major upsets were when my mother in-law was hit by a truck, then their house burned down.  Months later, our basement flooded.  Grandparents will be gone, more pets will be lost, life is not easy.  I’m sorry for your loss of what matters to you now, but some day you’ll realize that a photo sharing site, turned advertisements, arguments and full of negativity won’t be all that bad.

Well said, Kevin, :thumbs:.

• Like 3

wfrpalm

I don't understand why there are so many haters of Facebook, as long as you are not using it to be your life or give out information you would not ordinarily it is ok. I check it out once or twice a day just see what my friends or family that I don't see often are up too.

• Like 2

little red riding horse
4 hours ago, jabelman said:

oh well

Classic lol :laughing-rofl:

Razorback
1 hour ago, wfrpalm said:

I don't understand why there are so many haters of Facebook, as long as you are not using it to be your life or give out information you would not ordinarily it is ok. I check it out once or twice a day just see what my friends or family that I don't see often are up too.

I will in NO WAY support a pinhead weasel like founder Z. 

• Like 1

bc.gold
57 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

I know everyone has an opinion about FB, but "please" keep it friendly in this thread.  :orcs-cheers:

No comment.

formariz

From your very first post it seems that you have a way of being involved in controversy. Having said that I think that your banning from Facebook may actually be a good thing that happened, since perhaps you will not get so much into arguments with people. Its easy to be behind a key board and let the worst in us come out. In person one would think twice many times before saying the same things. Stay here and try to follow the advice given to you from the beginning. Slow down and listen. Lots of great advice here besides tractors from countless years of life experience from great individuals. You should have noticed by now that rather than dismissing you or criticizing you on your mishaps, people are just being tolerant and giving you great advice. LISTEN.

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

oldredrider

There's a reason you have 2 ears and only 1 mouth....

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

953 nut

@Mudrig150, your adult life is just beginning and I think one day you will realize that this is in your own best interest. As you become an adult and enter the work force your potential employers will require you to allow them to check your social media accounts. They want to know what type of person they are considering for employment. You have the opportunity to hit the reset button and create a good social media presence, take full advantage of it.

• Like 3

Stormin
36 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

your potential employers will require you to allow them to check your social media accounts. 

Can they do that? Bit like wanting to read your letters etc. I would call it an invasion of privacy.

Edited by Stormin