RJ Hamner

STUMPED: Clutch allows a lot of slack but transpulley still turns

RJ Hamner

Rolled the latest one out to the drive fired it up and cant put it in gear without grinding the gears.:huh:

Readjusted the clutch pulley got LOTS of slack in the belt but the trans pulley still turning at a pretty good clip:ranting:

Not sure what should be my next move?????:confusion-helpsos:

Bob

The Tuul Crib

It's probably the adjustment on the drive belt cover needs to be bent correctly to correct this problem. There is also a little arm that bolts to the motor as well that helps

767D6013-E28B-4BFB-8514-ECB670222E67.jpeg

• Like 2

RJ Hamner

BINGO!!!!!!!

Thanks

Bob

stevasaurus

So, it is working OK now???

RJ Hamner

Yes it is.  Thanks for asking

If you are interested take a look at "Some Assembly Required" in the Modifications forum

• Thanks 1

JoeM

Hey Bob that reminds me of one I had were the top wire guide was set to high off the belt. It threw the slack on to the top part of the v and the belt ran up against the clutch back on top of the V. Ruined the belt. I was seeing rubber dropping on the frame and it was slipping a touch. I think those are often overlooked.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• kvtprs
      By kvtprs
      I have a 12hp kohler that when its running it pops threw the exaust and you can see a small amount of flame in the muffler. What does this mean and how do I get it to stop? Thanks Paul
    • Mikey j
      By Mikey j
      Hi everyone, I have a 1969 raider12 6speed trans, Thant I’m going to change the oil in. But I don’t have a dipstick how do I get the two quarts in there? i tried filling from the side port only got about 700mils in. Thanks in advance!
    • mmmmmdonuts
      By mmmmmdonuts
      My cheap-o walmart U1 battery is starting to bite the dust again (barely able to crank it over fully charged, and ozzing everywhere) after 3 years on my 68' Raider and I am looking into a new battery for winter as I now have a plow setup. I was thinking of either getting the original 22NF battery that came with it or running a mazda mita battery which is a U1 size. Is the AGM worth the extra money over the 22nF even in the smaller size? I think the vibrations keep killing the cheapo batteries and I am trying to make sure I can leave it out in the cold and not have a problem starting in the winter. It does get down to 0F or below zero every once in a while. I don't think I want to go all the way to a 22nF AGM as it is $200. 

Thoughts? 

• Raider 134
      By Raider 134
      Hello, I was sondering if anyone knows if it is posible to mount some solid rear tires on my raider 12? I use it like a work horse(pun intended) and im constantly running over nails and screws and getting flats, The worst part is that the tires are not tubless so it is a pain to get a new Tube and fix it(because delivery takes a couple of days if not even weeks) so i could use some solid tires but id prefer to keep the original rims. So if anybody knows if it is possible please leave a comment!.
    • rustyoldjunk
      By rustyoldjunk
      You may have seen my "scrap yard save" thread that I posted last night. Well I also done a little tractor swapping with some tractor buddies and ended up with these Wheel Horse tractors. A C161 hydro and a best I can tell 68 Raider 12 ( I haven't ran the tag on it yet.). Also got a nice 42 inch RD deck and a nice tiller. Both tractors seem to be in very good shape mechanically. The Raider is missing the hood and engine but it did come with a good K321 14HP long block. The 161 needs a little wiring work and an axle seal.