bc.gold

John Deere 330 Diesel

bc.gold

Doubtful my offer will be accepted but I'll let him chew on it for a few days.

The Deere is located four hours north of me and from my experience selling from a rural location  city folk don't like to wander to far from city limits. Also two diesel engines sold I delivered into the city to two different buyers.

Don't really need another garden tractor but I'm hooked on diesel, so we wait and see what transpires of the offer.

jd.jpg

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

Razorback

Nothing like the smell of diesel! 

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

T-Mo

The 330 was only made one year, 1986.  Deere sort of made the 330 to test the market - they took a 316 Onan and put in a 3 cylinder Yanmar diesel.  It's basically a strip down version of the 318, but with a diesel.  The following year, 1987, Deere brought out the 332, which was a 330, but added all the "extras" that the 318 had, i.e. dual hydraulics, power steering, etc.  The 330, even without power steering (which you can add), and the single spool of hydraulics (which you can add), is an excellent tractor.  The JD diesels rule the field on plow days.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

way before the die cast garbage of today, with some upgrading and a fresh go over , it is a solid buy, jmoo , pete

• Like 1

posifour11

I'd put up with the color for something like that. 

• Like 1

wh500special

If it comes with that hydraulic tiller you’ll have an enviable package. 

I have a 332...sweet machine.  

Good luck,

steve 

• Like 1

bc.gold
2 hours ago, wh500special said:

If it comes with that hydraulic tiller you’ll have an enviable package. 

I have a 332...sweet machine.  

Good luck,

steve 

Seller never even bothered to counter my offer

shallowwatersailor
7 hours ago, bcgold said:

Seller never even bothered to counter my offer

How far apart were you with your offer? if you low-balled him, you may have insulted him.

• Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H
On 8/4/2019 at 8:34 AM, T-Mo said:

The 330 was only made one year, 1986.  Deere sort of made the 330 to test the market - they took a 316 Onan and put in a 3 cylinder Yanmar diesel.  It's basically a strip down version of the 318, but with a diesel.  The following year, 1987, Deere brought out the 332, which was a 330, but added all the "extras" that the 318 had, i.e. dual hydraulics, power steering, etc.  The 330, even without power steering (which you can add), and the single spool of hydraulics (which you can add), is an excellent tractor.  The JD diesels rule the field on plow days.

Dont forget the gas version 322...  http://www.tractordata.com/lawn-tractors/000/0/3/38-john-deere-322.html

T-Mo

Yep, I'm very aware of the 322, it's a 3 cylinder GAS Yanmar engined tractor, basically a 318 with the Yanmar gas engine.  BTW, tractordata isn't a very good source, too many errors and misinformation in that site.  I only use it as a last resort, and then with a grain of salt and some apprehension.   WFM is the first source I used for JD lawn and garden tractors and equipment.

Mudrig150

The 330 is basically a Diesel 316, having manual steering, H1 hydraulics, and single brakes. In early 87 it was replaced by the 332, which had H2 hydraulics, dual brakes, and power steering. Whether the 330 or the 332 is preferable is up to you. The H2 is nice, and the dual brakes, and manual steering is a bit tough to turn if you're not moving, but the 332 has a lot of expensive parts and the 330 has barely anything that can go wrong. You keep the fluids topped off, the 330 will totally outlast a 332 in the long run. The 322 is basically a gas 332 but it's a whole different beast with its own issues so I won't get into that. If you want relatively cheap reliability, buy the 330. You want comfort, buy a 332. It's all up to you.