Sign in to follow this  
rustbucket

payed play time

rustbucket

So as most have seen in the photo section i have the picture of one of my good old round hoods tugging a harrow along on a job site for my boss (a dedicated Deere enthusiest). Well i just thought that i would show a few more pictures and give everyone the chance to voice their thoughts.

0410090819.jpg

0410090752.jpg

0410090751.jpg

rustbucket

and yes i know the head lights are mounted right to the hood. the PO mounted them there and was nice enough to do sheet metal work to reinforce the place where both lights hook in.

Sparky

So after all that is he still a"dedicated Deere guy"?

Of course it looks like fun dragging the screen. I'm allways looking for something to do with one of my tractors but right now I have no projects.

Mike......

rustbucket

he still preaches the virtues of the Deere as aposed to folding into the horse fold and that screen is supposedly a home made harrow built out of a 4x4 with lag bolts in the underside as scarifieres and what looked to be 1/4 inch steel cable from board ends to a common cord threw a pipe to the slot hitch on the horse. spent half of a 12 hour work day rideing around 1/2 acre back yard working it perfectly smooth.

Suburban 550

Well Jason, hope you showed the boss which was the better tractor. :omg:

HorseFixer

Jason I like those Dualies Looking pretty :omg:

rustbucket

hey Duke they are the old DMI bolt on dualies with no dual wheel adapters they just use 2 J hooks and solid eyelet bolts to hold it all together the outer rums have no centers.

rustbucket

heres a side shot of the tractor so you can see what i mean about the outter rims being hallow and its all powered by a 7 HP and we dunt know the model heh the belt guard is a blank.

0410090819a.jpg

WHC-125

heres a side shot of the tractor so you can see what i mean about the outter rims being hallow and its all powered by a 7 HP and we dunt know the model heh the belt guard is a blank.

It looks like a 702 to me. Does it still have the serial tag?

hounddoghundzsa

Let me tell you what if my boss ever asked me to bring a real piece of machinery on the job because his green and yeller P.O.S. couldn't handle the work he'd be gettin' one hell of a bill for services rendered :omg: Maybe next time you should tell him to bring bambi so you can use it for extra weight!!! :drool:

TT

Looks more like a 753 to me.

I think he means there's no tag on the engine - or it's blank or illegible.

WHC-125

Looks more like a 753 to me.

I think he means there's no tag on the engine - or it's blank or illegible.

TT, what would the difference be from a 702 and a 753 besides they were made different years? :omg:

TT

Frame, front axle, spindles, front wheels, tie rods, lower steering shaft, hoodstand, lift lever, clutch/brake pedal, S/G belt guard revision, etc., and a few other minor things.

Kelly

Ya what TT, said they look close and a year ago I said the same thing, What's diff??? now I know they are about as different as you can get, I think the list of things the same, would be shorter :omg:

rustbucket

all i know is for a 60's model thats all original from what i know except the obvious wheels it runs like a top and has never given me an issue and i even gave her a nice feed of Amsoil when i got her.

rustbucket

oh one other thing i learned when pulling a harrow or a disc set up like i did but never took pics of my poor little round hood needs some nose weight. I hope burly still has maybe one of those cast iorn reproduction weights.

Operator

Nice duty for the Horse.

And on the job safety minded too, earmuffs! :omg:

Can I ask what width are the ags?

Randy

rustbucket

The ags on the back on all 4 rims are Carlise True Power and the size is 23 x 8.50x12

Sparky

I hope burly still has maybe one of those cast iorn reproduction weights.

I think the weights he made were cast aluminum :omg: . More for looks than function.

Mike.........

rustbucket

if they are aluminum then looks like i have to start saveing and hunting around the show for a cast iorn version this year.

hounddoghundzsa

I saw acouple of those weights last year at the show too. Any one have any pics of how they bolt up - maybe I could try making one myself.... :omg:

Don1977

I made my wheel weights, was at the scrap yard and found 4- 1 1/4' thick boiler plate cutouts 12 5/32" dia. Had my uncle to turn 2 down to fit in the wheels mark a 8 5/8" bolt circle and index and drill 4-3/16" holes. I took those centered on the other two and drilled them. Then I drilled out and tapped to 1/2" course threads used 1/2" treaded rod half way through with jam nuts to the back side then bolted to the wheel. I drill two 1/2" holes in the front weights and bolted to the ones already in the wheels. I haven't needed to drill out the other two holes in the front weights. I have a 1977 C120 don't know if all the 12" wheels are the same. The cutouts weighed 44 lbs. a piece, I have approximately 84 lbs. in each wheel.

rustbucket

don i dont need rear weight i need front nose weight to keep the front wheels from lifting off the ground. i know basicaly how i plan to do it till i can get my hands on a wheel horse front nose weight just need t do a bit of fabbing work to make a front bracket then off to the deere dealer for a suitecase weight or two.