McGrew

Ingersoll Tractor

McGrew

Guys,  Just saw this on CL and thought someone might be interested: 

Never heard of an Ingersoll, but there are a lot of things I’ve never heard of!  Danny

Edited by Sparky
Craigslist link deleted per forum rules

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Like our :rs: guidelines...

which state, no links to C/L ads here...even if they're your own. 

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/guidelines/

McGrew

Sorry about that...  It is in South Carolina.  I just thought someone might be interested.  I have no connection.  Danny

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Colt GT,s became Case GT,s in 1965. Then somewhere in the mid-80,s Ingersoll and Case sold them. Then Case stopped and Ingersollo continued manufacturing until last year. There are still remaining Ingersoll tractors on dealer floors. Ingersoll reportedly lost its manufacturing building lease and all its production equipment is stored in truck trailer vans.  The Colr, Case Ingersoll GT,s use a unique hydraulic drive with a 2 speed differential. 

T-Mo
14 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

Colt GT,s became Case GT,s in 1965. Then somewhere in the mid-80,s Ingersoll and Case sold them. Then Case stopped and Ingersollo continued manufacturing until last year. There are still remaining Ingersoll tractors on dealer floors. Ingersoll reportedly lost its manufacturing building lease and all its production equipment is stored in truck trailer vans.  The Colr, Case Ingersoll GT,s use a unique hydraulic drive with a 2 speed differential. 

Some of that is true, but not all.  Ingersoll bought the lawn and garden line from Case in the 80s.  Then a few years ago, Ingersoll went bankrupt and there were no more new Ingersolls being built for a few years.  Then Eastman Industries bought the Ingersoll line and began to manufacture them again.  You can still get new Ingersolls today, but their dealership is limited.  The last time I contacted Eastman about the Ingersoll line was a couple of years ago, so unless something's changed since then, they're still making them.

BTW, not all Case and Ingersoll tractors used the hydrive system.  Eastman moved the manufacturing from the original plant in Wisconsin to Maine in 2006.

http://www.eastmanind.com/

14 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

Ingersoll Attachments 2009-10.pdf Ingersoll Distribution 52813.pdf Ingersoll Pricing and Attachment Chart 121814.pdf Ingersoll Tractor 4000-4200Series.pdf

oliver2-44

T-Mo and I will get the story straight. he is correct that Eastman bought the rights from Ingersoll. However Eastman has stopped manufacturing recently due to loosing there building. There is several comments about this over on the Colt,Case, Ingersoll site

• Like 1

T-Mo

Thanks, it's been a year or two since I contacted Eastman, who, at the time, told me they were still manufacturing tractors.  The problem, to me, is their lack of dealerships, or limited number of dealers.  There are none in my area, and none in a several hour radius of me.