Sign in to follow this  
ghouser

416 charging problem

ghouser

I've got a 10 year old wheel horse 416 with an onan 16hp engine that is not charging,I have to run off the battery voltage.I have 24 vac to the voltage regulator center connection,I replaced the voltage regulator,found the 30a fuseblock underneath the battery melted and spliced a new 30a fuselink inline to bypass the factory fuse.I have no reading on the voltmeter.If anyone else has experienced these problems or has helpful information,please share with me!If anyone can provide me with a print of the charging circuit and target voltages that would be helpful.

bo dawg

Wish I could help :drool: I just experience some electrial myself on an older model. TT is the guy that may know if you could get his attention.

There is a yahoo group that I found that is good with electrical wheelhorse tractors manuals (groups 1 thru 8). You might look them up, lot of good info there, with service bulletins, wire diagrams and little of everything. :omg:

:drool:

Docwheelhorse

Wiggle the fuses in the fuse block up by the dash board.... I think the farthest one forwards is the culprit. My 20 Oana would charge and then not charge and charge again---and it was a crummy connection at the fuse block. Whoever decided to mount a fuse block upright so that the water and crud would collect in it was brilliant.... :omg:

Tony