waldamar

Hello from Suffolk, England

Achto

:WRS:     Nice tractor!!:handgestures-thumbupright:   If you check out our manuals section, you should be able to find the info you need on the belts.

• Like 3

Stormin

'Ow do, Waldamar!  :WRS: :UK:   As said, a nice looking tractor and also check the Manuals section for the info you need. Enjoy! :thumbs:

• Like 3

bottjernat1

I found this for you. its from this forum. This is the place to be for questions like this! This is the model number you gave. this is a parts list for that deck! Keep her going such great machines!!

• Like 1

Pullstart

Welcome, @waldamar!  Nice Commando, you’ll enjoy it even if it’s not an 8 speed!  The deck needs to be disassembled from the bottom, if I recall and if it’s like the previous model with the gear drive spindles.  Make sure that when you put them back together, you clock the blades 90 degrees from each other, or you’ll know it when they hit!  It’s probably a good time to replace the half moon keys too, I’ve sheared one and the noise is not so spectacular.

• Like 3

953 nut
8 hours ago, waldamar said:

how on earth do you replace the belts?

:WRS:

You will have to do a little disassembly        Never mind, Kevin gave you an excellent answer while I was typing.      :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti:to the :rs: 

• Like 1

waldamar

Thanks all for the kind welcome and excellent advice - have checked the manuals etc. and yes - it's a strip down - annoying as if I'm going that far it'd be dumb not to weld the deck at the same time..................... seems I'm missing a few brackets, bolts etc. but they should be easy.

In the meantime I'm building a trailer - using a lovely chassis that I suspect is ex fire service - photos to follow.................

Thanks again,

Ali

• Like 3

Marv

Just a word of caution,The bearing blocks supporting the cross shaft are cast aluminum. When removing the mount bolts, start by moving them a little before trying to use an air hammer on them. Best to use a wrench so you can feel the resistance. They can be seized and require extra care.

Marv

rjg854

:WRS: good luck with this project, that's a decent deck for mowing.

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti: