dmhill

Does anyone rebuild spindles...?

dmhill

I have several spindles I would like to have "rebuilt" (new bearings, cleaned up). Does anyone on here do them frequently?

The first set is of a B82.

0721190913a.jpg

0721190913.jpg

Goldnboy

I have done several but, those are a lot of work! But you get better quality from doing your own rebuild!

ohiofarmer

That spindle appears to be a 'double D" and made of steel or cast iron.  Much better IMHO than the aluminum ones. You CAN still get new blades for them.  There are bearing supply houses that can supply bearings based on size of bore, outside diameter,ect. Also the experts here can help you get the correct bearings.

You already did the hard part by removing them. I would suggest using a high quality penetrating oil/solvent like Deep Creep sprayed on by applying jst a bit each day for a week to make removal easy to do.

• Like 1

ol550

I have replaced several of this style. Bearings can be found on:techie-ebay:for a fair price.  Best to remove with a press.  You can press on the shaft for removal, but pressing on anything other than the outer race can damage the bearing.  Do not use a hammer for installation!!!  AND be aware that the grooved section of shaft goes down.1489188097_Deckbearing.jpg.b4d6af8910f784c1b1488ce701ced89d.jpg

Edited by ol550
  • Like 3

daveoman1966

That is spindle housing  # 105074 and I have 3 of them on Ebay NOW.   You would only need to buy 3 of Wheelhorse bearing # 103119....and press them into the housings to have 3 completely rebuilt spindles.  Many times I see  a set of 3 bearings #103119 on Ebay for around $70...or less.  

Contact me at my email address, which is:    daveoman@windstream.net  

We can probably work out a deal here...I'll press in the bearings, if you buy and have them delivered to me.

• Like 1