Racinbob

The show must go on.

ebinmaine

My everyday job is a delivery truck driver for building products. We sell basically everything that is on the outside of a building, and some other stuff like occasional insulation.

I get to deal with crews like that on a daily basis.

I don't envy them 1 split haired iota. And I don't even know what that is.

Tough job being on a roof even when the weather is perfect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

We were jumping off the roof yesterday into the pool!  It was just the pool house... but still a fun time 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

stevasaurus

We've had some heavy long rains today Bob, and they are headed your way.  Looks like they have the blue plastic on the ready.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

dclarke

That's a nice looking place, Bob!  Hope the rains hold off. 

• Like 1

Racinbob

It didn't Denny. Steve, you nailed it with the blue tarps. Fortunately they run with a good supply of 40' x 60' tarps. The rain was supposed to skirt north of us but I guess it didn't want to. They covered her up about 12:30 and the skies opened up. About 2:00 some strong winds tried to mess with the tarps but they held up. No water got in. They started back up about 3:30 and didn't roll out of here until about 10:00. They got it done and I think it looks good. No finished pics yet cuz it was dark. :)

1742371669_Roofbluetarps.jpg.ce06067b692c2fde69c3388b65bc60d2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sparky

Very nice! 

I put the roof on my house 22 years ago and it was hard work then, tough on my back and legs. I’m thinking when it’s time to replace it Ill be calling in a pro.

• Like 1

Racinbob

Smart thinking Mike. I've done my fair share of roofing but never again now that I'm an old man. Add to that a 10" in 12" pitch and I don't even get on it. :o

• Like 1

82Caddy
3 hours ago, Sparky said:

Very nice! 

I put the roof on my house 22 years ago and it was hard work then, tough on my back and legs. I’m thinking when it’s time to replace it Ill be calling in a pro.

Hell, I'm not even old (34) and I found it easier to just pay the pros to do it.  Especially with a few skylights in the roof.

posifour11

I don't miss that work one bit. 

ohiofarmer

I am 67. Last year I helped a vet put it roof on his rental 🏠. It was nasty hot some days 

PO did plenty of sketchy work and we wound up reframing rafters that slipped from the ridge line. Some of the sheeting was gone

Hard nasty work. Good thing I was there for the lifetime of experience I brought to getting the old framing to move

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:confusion-shrug: My best guess is...

it's been dark there since this past Friday. 

• Haha 1