Blackhood Bill

Pre-filter

Blackhood Bill

Well today I bought some new air filters for the :wh:‘s today. I’m wondering if everyone uses the pre-filter or not. The particular :wh: I’m asking about is a C145 hydro that is not intended to be a worker. This particular :wh: is now going to be what I call semi-retired. It will only be used for pulling a small dump cart, maybe pull my trailer in and out of it’s parking spot, and mostly be ridin around on. So what is everyone’s opinion, should I use the pre-filter still or not. The snowblower will not be used, picture is just for everyone to see the actual matching I’m talking about. The engine is a K321

81F9E188-04CC-4C41-97C1-0A5ED60A45F6.jpeg

ebinmaine

I vote YES. Only because it can't hurt. It'll catch some of the bigger stuff and help your inside paper air filter last a little longer.

• Like 1

lynnmor
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I vote YES. Only because it can't hurt. It'll catch some of the bigger stuff and help your inside paper air filter last a little longer.

Agree, but I would change it to a LOT longer.

SPINJIM

Sorry to be contrary, but unless you're using it to only cut grass and dirt that might be sucked in, I prefer to have less restriction on air flow.  I follow the lead of race care drivers.   My WH's that I use for a snow blower and for a snow blade never have the foam pre-filter.   I just check the paper filter often, and replace as needed.   My show tractors definitely don't have the foam filter.  I guess it's personal preference.

Jim

• Like 2

Blackhood Bill

I know why the pre-filter is there. I was just kinda on the curious side that provided you are not using it for working but more for leisure then could probably get by without the pre-filter since you would not be putting it in a dirty environment. I do realize that there is dirt just “floating” in the air. Well I guess the jury is still out, but please keep chiming in with your thoughts, comments, etc.....

SylvanLakeWH

Since your not going to be doing anything other than putsing around, why not max out your filtration....

:twocents-02cents:

Love the Black Hoods!

Edited by SylvanLakeWH

Blackhood Bill

Well since this machine is putting around in memory of my father, & the filter came with the pre-filter which was minimal cost, I went ahead and installed it. Figured what could it hurt.

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

Im with Eric on this one. There are lots

of dust particles floating through the air  that can cause damage internally. It may be extreme but they do make them for a purpose. What could it hurt? 

19richie66

Make sure you oil it too. Foam won’t catch much of anything if it isn’t coated with a light layer of oil. 

• Like 1

Blackhood Bill

That's on the agenda for today and change the other :wh: filter too. Thanks everyone for all the opinions, comments, & useful advise.