bc.gold

Yardman aka Tecomaster

bc.gold

Rescued from the scrap pile at one of the landfill sites we frequently visit. I originally posted under the trading post thread but may have overstayed my time on that thread.

Pull start is gibbled but the engine does turn over, solid rubber tires, rear steer, from mower has three blades, as a mower I'm not all that impressed but will just the same restore the little beast.

Made by Yardman during the 1960's rebranded Tecomaster for Eatons.

teco3.png

teco1.png

teco2.png

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

troutbum70

Pretty cool find probably not many of those lying around.

• Like 1

bc.gold
53 minutes ago, troutbum63 said:

Pretty cool find probably not many of those lying around.

Could not find this mower branded as Tecomaster anywhere on the Internet, but eventually came across a YT video with a fellow showing his Yardman, his had the reel type mower mounted up front.

Nada on Google images or Pinrest.

The custodian helped to load it, he knows the previous owner who claimed this was a great mower for cutting along buildings, fence lines and around trees. With that said Terry suggested that it would be an ideal cemetery mower as most of our graves have headstones above ground and generally a lot of trees.

I don't think it will take much to get that old Briggs running but the spindle bearings need to be replaced. Hopefully the bearings can be replaced as I suspect the spindle itself would be impossible to find.

RandyLittrell

I bet you can get bearings, they used to make everything rebuildable back then. 

Randy

• Like 1