kthack657

Road trip for a gem with jimt1971

Stormin

Personally I'd leave it as it is. Looks just fine. :thumbs:

Sparky

Nice find....very rare machine!

How many hours? Did you get the deck? What about the chrome front and rear rims?

kthack657
7 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Nice find....very rare machine!

How many hours? Did you get the deck? What about the chrome front and rear rims?

Pilgrim knew where the rims were, but the chrome was gone from them.  We did get the deck, but it does not have the chrome deck wheels on it either, it was a worker, and that is how it came.  We will look to see about either getting wheels chromed, or possibly just do aluminum rims instead...we will see

Edited by kthack657
  • Like 4

Lee1977
20 hours ago, kthack657 said:

Pilgrim knew where the rims were, but the chrome was gone from them.  We did get the deck, but it does not have the chrome deck wheels on it either, it was a worker, and that is how it came.  We will look to see about either getting wheels chromed, or possibly just do aluminum rims instead...we will see

I would think new Aluminum wheels will be cheaper.

kthack657
6 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

I would think new Aluminum wheels will be cheaper.

Believe it or not there are new "chroming systems out there for around $600...don't worry we are doing our reaearch before deciding, especially since we need to chrome other pieces that are missing or not chrome, like the mule drive...stay tuned :-)

ZXT

Dang, 12 hours for a tractor! I've always found it hard to go more than an hour or two for a car... You guys are dedicated!

I'm with Norm. Leave it be, or if anything, just the seat pan.. Everything else looks great. Especially that seat!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Pat_In_Denver
      By Pat_In_Denver
    • Pat_In_Denver
      By Pat_In_Denver
    • jleitschaft
      By jleitschaft
      Hello All,
            New to the group and looking for advice. My father was a devoted wheel horse enthusiast for many years. He only cut grass with a wheel horse tractor (rear discharge deck) pulling a Parker lawn sweeper. We have a lot of property and it took him a while but he was retired and loved being on the wheel horse. When he got sick, I had to take over all the lawn maintenance. All of our family lives close on the same road. At the time, I was responsible for maintaining 7 properties plus my fulltime job. Using the wheel horse was not an option for me so I bought a commercial zero turn mower.  Unfortunately, in 2017 my father passed away. I have all his tractors and it has been hard for me to think about what to do with them. He had 6 wheel horse tractors total. 3 tractors we used for cutting grass and 3 tractors are show pieces that have never cut a blade of grass. I have a few guys that have been asking me for years to sell them but I am not sure if I’m ready. I am turning to the group because I am lost at what I even have. Its my belief that the tractors are rare and the conditions are mint. If anyone would be willing to express their opinion and provide feedback I would be grateful.
      Wheel horse 420 LSE (shows 7.5 hr)
      Wheel horse 520 hydro (shows 92 hr)
      Wheel horse classic GT (shows 26 hr)     

• Bear G
      By Bear G
      Bought this 420 LSE. It’s #37/200. More of a worker than a show tractor. I’ll probably continue to use it as a worker. Needs some cosmetic elbow grease more than anything. 
      Came with 48” deck, & wheel horse grass catcher system, Snow Blower, 2 aerators, (plug & spike type), & a grass thatcher.

• 608KEB
      By 608KEB
      I never thought I would get one of these! Also bought a 520H with 91 hours!