klink

Wheel Horse Fan from Ohio

klink

Hi Everyone

I thought I would introduce myself. I live in NW Ohio and have always liked Wheel Horse Tractors since 1972, when I bought my first Wheel Horse tractor. It was a 4 hp mid engine tractor with a 2 bladed mower deck. Then I moved up to a 5 hp 550 tractor and mower deck and snow plow. Not sure about the model number. Then I really did it when I bought a C-141-A with a 42" rear discharge deck and 42" snow plow. I loved that tractor, but had to give it up after about a 2 year ownership period when I got a divorce. I actually traded it in at a car dealership as a down payment for a late model used car. Then as time has gone by I have owned Simplicity, Allis Chalmers, Cub Cadet, Wheel Horse, John Deere and Power King tractors. I'm a tractor man, zero turn mowers are faster and great, but I like tractors. Nothing is any better looking than a sharp good looking red Wheel Horse tractor. As my first posting in Red Square indicates, I recently acquired a Wheel Horse C-101-8 speed. I'm looking forward to fixing it up and using it pulling implements around. I also currently own a C-81 with a modified Sears sickle bar mower attached to it.

klink

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4

JAinVA

If you like Wheel Horse tractors of any vintage then you have come to a great site.The folks here go to great lengths to help and you will not find a more friendly group anywhere.Welcome and enjoy! Luck,JAinVA.   Jim

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

Welcome aboard Klink!!

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:

Sounds like you have been bitten by the :wh: bug, do you have either of the early models any more?

We have one initiation ritual for new members,     :wwp:

16938344_1Horse-a-holic.jpg.75bf31befd8e556e8841e6b5571c905d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

ZXT

Welcome! Looks like you've been addicted (as we all are) for quite a while! Glad you found this site. It's a great source of people and information.

• Like 3

AMC RULES

1959718051_RS-WelcomeWagon.jpg.2a4df5a176cb154e474a7c2650567d04.jpg

• Like 2

JC 1965

:text-welcomeconfetti: to   :rs:nice to have another buckeye on board.        

• Like 1

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti: @klink!

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: klink to :rs:

Sparky

:WRS:

klink

Good Morning

Thanks for all the welcomes

The question was asked [ do I still have the RJ35 or the 553 ]  the answer is no. I sold the 553 and parted out the RJ35 back in the late 70's. Yes, that was a dumb decision. I did include some pics of my still used C-81-8 with a sears sickle bar mower attached. I use this tractor-mower to mow around my low evergreen trees. The tractor has an earlier model Wheel Horse outer clutch pulley which is smaller in diameter. The original  C-81-8 outer clutch pulley is bigger in diameter and made the mower run faster per same engine rpm. Putting the smaller pulley on the engine helped a lot. The sickle mower still runs a little to fast rpm wise for the engine speed, but is a whole lot better and usable. I added the hood ornament because I think all wheel Horses should have one. Wheel Horse Company made a bad decision when they eliminated the hood ornament to cut cost in my opinion.

IMG_3267.JPG

IMG_3265.JPG

IMG_3264.JPG

IMG_3263.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Nice looking horse. Gotta love those little eight horse...

• Like 1