Sign in to follow this  
Bow_Extreme

Fuse Block

Bow_Extreme

:omg: :drool::drool: I knew I should of ordered a new fuse block for my 520 the minute I bought the tractor or maybe before I bought it. It gave out tonight and I have an entire long weekend of rototilling, plowing, scraping, and mowing planned for it. Does anyone have a local supplier maybe in the Grand Rapids Michigan area that can get a new ATC/ATO 4 fuse enclosed holder or who has one. I tend to buy the aftermarket fuse block holder with the fancy cover to keep it waterproof and dust proof. It tends to last longer that way. All help would be appreciated.

04fxdwgi

I JUST replaced (added) the fuse holder on my 520H. Was missing when I bought the machine last month and all the wires were just wire nutted together.

Got the fuse holder from these guys: http://www.wiringproducts.com

4 Circuit Raised ATO/ATC Fuse Block AF-RFB4. Was $5.72 and shipping was more than the part. Mounting holes didn't line up, so I drilled new ones and used 10-24 speed nuts to hold everything together.

Bow_Extreme

Thank You for the info 04fx. Yes I purchased my last fuse block from wiring products. I also found one at NAPA and they have it on the shelf. Here are thepart numbers for anyone needing this in the future:

Wiring Products: P/N AF-RFB4

Napa: P/N NW-785136

Both of these are covered 4 circuit ATO/ATC gang fuse blocks. They use 1/4" spade terminals for connection purposes. Remember on the 520 and maybe on other models, you have to jump power on one of these circuits. I don't remember which one off the top of my head but it's not hard to figure out. you could also use the inline fuse holder as well or go to a mini ATM style fuse holder available in inline or gang style. Maybe this should be moved to the tech forum instead.

Thanks

Bow_Extreme

I finished my project tonight and figured I would snap a couple pics before I finished putting the cross brace and battery in. I did this one a little differently. I decided to replace the fuse block with in-line weather proof fuse blocks. All connections are soldered, shrink fit, taped and sealed. I removed the mounting bracket for the original fuse block and this free's up a little bit of room in the battery compartment and at the same time makes it a bit easier to clean. These fuse blocks are bolted to the upright and therefore I drilled mounting holes for each of them. I think they look pretty good myself but I know some may not like the exposed bolt heads on the outer panel. I tend to like my grade 8 gold plated bolts. I know it's odd but they work great!! Infact most of the scews on the exterior are converted to these same bolts.

fuse1.jpg

fuse2.jpg

At least the tractor is alive once again.