upstate yank

electric clutch

upstate yank

i just wanted to thank all of the members that helped me with the removal of the electric clutch on the parts tractor i have;as i did buy the correct bolt that was a 5/8 by 3-1/4 it fit and after turning the bolt and boy did it get hard to turn after time  i ended up using a pipe on the end of the racket and finally the clutch came off ;now the question is how would i be able to test it 'as i used 2 leads from the plug ;one as ground   the other to to the hot side of the battery ;nothing happened so i am sure i did it wrong but i thought as with a starter that would work ;again thanks everyone for your time in replying as i sure did appreciate your help 

62438831_831315963901497_6777347789090193408_n.jpg

• Like 1

ztnoo

The contacts/plug are likely corroded, just as the clutch bore on the crankshaft.

Scratch around on the contacts to make sure you have a good test connection, both positive and negative.

Like most 12V stuff, it has to have a good ground to flow current.

Be sure you go to every effort to ensure you have good contacts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

upstate yank
12 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

The contacts/plug are likely corroded, just as the clutch bore on the crankshaft.

Scratch around on the contacts to make sure you have a good test connection, both positive and negative.

Like most 12V stuff, it has to have a good ground to flow current.

Be sure you go to every effort to ensure you have good contacts.

thanks for the information and yep i should had checked them, after siting in the elements for years ;i will give it a try tomorrow and i am sure it will work ;i really don't need the clutch as i have one on my other tractor but it is always nice to have a spare just in case and for the 50 bucks i paid for the parts tractor the clutch is sure worth that if not more plus other parts i might need in the future ;

• Like 2

oldredrider

Also try reversing the wires. I've had some clutches only work one way; pos/neg specific.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

upstate yank
2 minutes ago, oldredrider said:

Also try reversing the wires. I've had some clutches only work one way; pos/neg specific.

thanks i will give that a try 

• Like 1