GregM

Lost!

GregM

Hello. If someone could please guide me in the right direction. C-175 Wheel Horse. Nothing at switch. Replaced ignition switch, and starter solenoid. Still nothing. Fuses look good. No broken or corroded wires or connectors that I see. I probably shouldn't have, but I shorted the solenoid and got crank but no start. Please HELP!

rmaynard

Check the connections at the back of the ammeter.

• Like 2

Herder

Safety switches.  Check for PTO engagement, tractor will not start if the PTO is engaged. (Safety Switch) Check seat and possible drake/clutch switches use a test light if you have one or jump them out one at a time.:text-welcomeconfetti:to Red Square, post some pics when you get her running.

Lee1977

8 speed or hydro?  If you tell witch it is you will get better answers as to where to look for your problem.

prondzy

Is the ammeter bad?

GregM

Honestly I'm not sure how the ammeter should be connected. Currently it has no corrosion and is connected to the +battery post.

rmaynard

The ammeter is in series with the + wire coming from the battery to the ignition switch, meaning that all current flows through that wire, with the exception of the starter. To eliminate the ammeter as a problem you can remove the wires and hook them together.

• Like 2

The Tuul Crib
1 hour ago, Herder said:

Safety switches.  Check for PTO engagement, tractor will not start if the PTO is engaged. (Safety Switch) Check seat and possible drake/clutch switches use a test light if you have one or jump them out one at a time.:text-welcomeconfetti:to Red Square, post some pics when you get her running.

:text-yeahthat:and :text-welcomeconfetti:to 

:rs:

953 nut

1260995717_1electrical.jpg.aeff171545ebd9fe2b9d89af8b5ddc8e.jpg

• Like 1