Wedge2005

D200 hydro purge

Wedge2005

Sorry if this is a dumb question, first time working with a hydro all my other horses are geared. We’re in the process of restoring a 1978 D-200 and had a bad O ring on the hydraulic manifold between the pump and the rear, reinstalling all new O rings this morning and wondering how I purge the system of air, don’t want to damage the pump by making it airbound. Thanks in advance for any help from you guys

JoeM

Replaced a pump and O-rings on my D160, without uncoupling the engine there is not to many ways to purge. On the belt driven machine I have hooked up a drill to the belt pulley.

With the D160, I just made sure it was topped off with oil and ran it at low idle. Rear wheels off the ground. Suppose you could pull the coil wire and crank the engine over using the starter to get oil flowing also.

Guest 88vic

Not familiar with the D series, is there a bypass valve that allows you to push tractor ?   If there is, then raise back wheels off the ground, put into bypass mode. Run tractor at idle, go forward and reverse several times, check fluid level, then shut bypass valve, run forward and reverse several times again, check fluid level again, then you've successfully completed purging your system of air. 

pfrederi

Top off Transaxle.  You can also remove the circled plug on the pump and pour in more oil. Did you use the 2 backer O rings and sealing washer??

pacer

I was having doubts about the work I had done to the pump (first time!) and wanted to see if everything functioned before a complete reassembly. With the engine still out I tried coupla things to drive the splined shaft, pretty quickly finding an old 11/16" 12pt socket fit up pretty well. Cordless drill wouldnt drive it but an electric one did. took maybe coupla minutes to come up but it did and this allowed me to check fwd and rev and any leaks. Made me more comfortable about buttoning every thing up when every thing ckd out

Wedge2005

Used the backed O rings, could not get a replacement washer yet, trying to hunt one down, partstree didn’t have a replacement for that

pfrederi
12 minutes ago, Wedge2005 said:

Used the backed O rings, could not get a replacement washer yet, trying to hunt one down, partstree didn’t have a replacement for that

i use sealing washers from McMaster.  PM me you address I will mail you one

• Excellent 2