troutbum70

Hub puller

67 WH 877

Nice, Ill be doing mine soon...that fluid ain't cheap!:tools-wrench::eusa-think::handgestures-thumbupright:

troutbum70

Wheel horse could have made this job a lot easier with tapered axles and splines.

• Like 2

ebinmaine

Nice work!

I do a similar set-up using an old hub as the grunt piece.

953 nut

A little less grunting this way.

46637237_bottlejackhubpuller.JPG.d5e339cef3e6221c821e1da72025ca3e.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

Retired Wrencher
6 hours ago, troutbum63 said:

Wheel horse could have made this job a lot easier with tapered axles and splines.

Or just put on never sezz with not much extra cost. This stuff has been around for a long time I belive in the 50`s but by a different name possibly.

• Like 2

troutbum70

Well I purchased it new in 1985 with the intention of having it for a life time, I could have had the good sense to put anti rust on it clear back then. And 953nut I have a 5 ton hydraulic puller that would not touch them, so took the plate back to the drawing board and drilled out the center, welded a inch and five sixteenths nut on it. Then put a one inch bolt in it, then with a 3 foot wrench and 3/4 drive and 3 foot cheater pipe finally got them free. And still broke one hub in the process. And this tractor has always been kept indoors never left out in the weather. 

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
22 hours ago, troutbum63 said:

Well I purchased it new in 1985 with the intention of having it for a life time, I could have had the good sense to put anti rust on it clear back then. And 953nut I have a 5 ton hydraulic puller that would not touch them, so took the plate back to the drawing board and drilled out the center, welded a inch and five sixteenths nut on it. Then put a one inch bolt in it, then with a 3 foot wrench and 3/4 drive and 3 foot cheater pipe finally got them free. And still broke one hub in the process. And this tractor has always been kept indoors never left out in the weather. 

Heat /cold/ humidity does amazing things.