JAinVA

Patience

JAinVA

Life can hand us some pleasant surprises at times.About 5years ago this guy showed up for dinner.He was truly feral and in all the years he has been around you could not get within 2 feet of him.We had an abandoned cat show up about a year ago and he became an out door pet.When this cat saw what he was missing he wanted to get petted too.Just so you know all the cats have been neutered and vaccinated against rabies.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 5

857 horse

Jay,,,,,,are gonna make the pilgrimage in 4 weeks,????

JAinVA

Will be there Friday.Not sure about Saturday.I will be bringing the crane tractor.

• Like 1

953 nut

Little over a year ago we adopted a feral moma cat and her two kittens. Took a while but now the moma cat sleeps with us and the kittens are becoming lap cats. 

733736362_cats002.JPG.e407dbeb948b0ed2ab6f08846e035246.JPG

• Heart 3

ebinmaine

In the past I've have quite a few experiences with feral cats.

I've partnered with a great organization here in Portland called Friends of Feral Felines.

There have been at least 7 feral or Barn cats here over the years.

Predation is Extreme here so they don't last long sometimes but FFF says they'd rather have a happy cat for as long as it can be.

I'd taken in one that supposedly causing some serious problems in the neighborhood it was in. Within a year or so he was an indoor cat.

We've discussed adopting again but it isn't in the cards right now. 

Great job with that cat!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

JAinVA
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

In the past I've have quite a few experiences with feral cats.

I've partnered with a great organization here in Portland called Friends of Feral Felines.

There have been at least 7 feral or Barn cats here over the years.

Predation is Extreme here so they don't last long sometimes but FFF says they'd rather have a happy cat for as long as it can be.

I'd taken in one that supposedly causing some serious problems in the neighborhood it was in. Within a year or so he was an indoor cat.

We've discussed adopting again but it isn't in the cards right now. 

Great job with that cat!!

Eric,

I think my wife took that picture to prove to my ex-coworkers and her family that I really don't hate cats.For over 20years this license plate has been on the 78 Bronco I have.I use to catch crap from total strangers until I explained the truck didn't have any cats.1978 was the only full size Bronc without catalytic converters or cats for short.

2019.05.25.2025.JPG

Edited by JAinVA
  • Haha 6