Sign in to follow this  
The Tuul Crib

Blade

The Tuul Crib

I’m picking up an old blade on Sunday. I’m trying to figure out about how old it is. There is a serial number of 34596 

im sure it is for a short frame

D71A066F-9244-4EC3-BB6E-8CCB3C3B6486.jpeg

7EC6FC4C-D2A4-4BF2-A286-0577ED5B1EA7.jpeg

rjg854

You're right about that,  I'd say it's from the 60's. Not sure of an exact year. 

gwest_ca

Click on the picture

Garry

The Tuul Crib

Went to pick up the blade today and brought it home and OMG ! This Poor little thing was beat to death!  Looks like they ground down half of the blade edge and the blade itself. This could take a little bit of repair. Has anyone else ever run into this situation which I’m sure you have. What have you done?  Oh and by the way the price was right paid 50 bucks for it 

073FDAB2-414C-4F46-9A68-4E9D1A0E62A9.jpeg

706D9BF5-EDAD-4FB7-AAE5-52F922FA977C.jpeg

Edited by The Tool Crib
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sarge

With that much wear - you either have to weld in a new piece of steel to the bottom of the moldboard or just weld on a new cutting edge. I've had to do several - one was repaired with a new strip of steel, the other 2 I just welded on the pre-beveled 1055 cutting edge sold on eBay. 

Sarge

rjg854

I just bought a blade that is somewhat similar.  Only one hole was worn down so that it was open on the bottom.  I put a new wear bar on the blade and I feel that it will be fine,  time will tell.  The PO had flipped the wear bar and it held up and wore down again,  but not to that extent.