Retired Wrencher

Is it just me or?

JAinVA

It's not just you.I am a fan of rugged and simple machines.I think the Wheel Horse fits that bill.

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

And Gary I agree!!

Great machines... And absolutely worth a good stare.

• Like 5

76c12091520h

Agree 100%; with my dad being a dealer I grew up around a lot of Horses, but he repaired all makes and models; Wheel Horses were by far the simplest and most well built. (and the right color too!)

• Like 7

wallfish

Don't let those guys fool you, it's just you! :ychain:

Hey Gary, we didn't see you down at Zagrays, are going to Bernardston this year?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Retired Wrencher
9 hours ago, wallfish said:

Don't let those guys fool you, it's just you! :ychain:

Hey Gary, we didn't see you down at Zagrays, are going to Bernardston this year?

Hi John I was planning on going but the weather man screwed up. I am playing = [the band] out that afternoon. Zagray and Bernardston are my two favorite shows.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
9 hours ago, 76c12091520h said:

Agree 100%; with my dad being a dealer I grew up around a lot of Horses, but he repaired all makes and models; Wheel Horses were by far the simplest and most well built. (and the right color too!)

76c12091520h Boy that must of been special for you.  Did your Dad keep a few? 

• Like 1

Herder

I find myself in the shop on most days and a lot of the time it's just to spend time with my tractors.   

• Like 3

953 nut

I too enjoy my shop time, but there is no internet service over there so I have to come back to the house to get onto Red Square!     :ychain:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, 953 nut said:

I too enjoy my shop time, but there is no internet service over there so I have to come back to the house to get onto Red Square!     :ychain:

You got to get you one of these newfangled smahtphones.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

peter lena

ITS NOT JUST YOU, having a horse is really an education of   (   INTEGRATION  OF PARTS  ) , i always marvel at how everything is mapped and fitted to each other.  just replaced the clutch idler pulley, (   noisy  )  and the safety belt shield, tied int the foot rest , tied into the  shiftier console , verify,s the build detail. by the way i upgraded that pulley, to a 5/8" bore bearing idler pulley ,and installed a 3/8 x 5/8 bushing to mount in the same place, same size v belt pulley , but a vastly stronger bearing mount , like a vault solid in motion.  PHOENIX IDLER PULLEY #  35400063 , WORTH THE CHANGE. i am always looking to improve my horse, this is just part of my regular tweaking. keep it solid, pete 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

Every time I have to pull the clutch on a narrow frame cub cadet, I think to my self, man this isn't as nice as a wheel horse! Or when even when a small thing breaks on one of my john deere's such as a variator spring and you have to tear half the tractor apart just to get to it, I have the same thought. I guess that's why I have more horses than anything else!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

Every time I have to pull the clutch on a narrow frame cub cadet, I think to my self, man this isn't as nice as a wheel horse! Or when even when a small thing breaks on one of my john deere's such as a variator spring and you have to tear half the tractor apart just to get to it, I have the same thought. I guess that's why I have more horses than anything else!!

Agreed.

when I was looking for a heavier garden tractor a few years ago those were the other two brands I was considering and I'm very very glad that my small engine guy steered me towards an older Wheel Horse.

• Like 4

Retired Wrencher
7 hours ago, 953 nut said:

I have an extender with a lap top in there now. Live streaming music and info. Rich. 

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
6 hours ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

Mike I seen many Deer`s I never under stood the side panels over the engine. You look at a horse you see about 90% of under the hood. May be that is why there is over 23,000 members now.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Stepney

After you've had the 'enjoyment' of restoring some Simplicity, Gravely G series, and a Penfield Burns machine.. believe me, these WH machines look really great. Heck, some of my hit and miss engines strike me as more complex then a WH as a whole. 

• Like 3

pfrederi
2 hours ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

I have an extender with a lap top in there now. Live streaming music and info. Rich. 

i did that also.  Shop is metal and the laptop only worked if I held it in a window. Got an extender and put it in the window.  Works great except in heavy snow (the pine trees between shop and house get coated...)

• Like 1

953 nut
2 hours ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

Even at the house the reception is hit and miss. The only internet available to us is Verizon "Jetpack" wireless internet. The house is about eighty feet further up the mountain and and on the other side of the valley. Depending on the day you have to be VERY patient. But, I love the seclusion so if this is the price I must pay, so be it!

• Like 4

71_Bronco

Wish I could do that. I'd love to work on my WH all night when I get home from work, but between taking care of my 2 year old daughter and helping cook dinner etc, I dont have much time.

Luckily I get some weekend time to spend playing in the garage.

Though, I wouldnt trade anything for the time with my family. Just gotta enjoy the few hours I do get, when I get them.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Herder

20190116_161647.jpg.6ed09d17fe05e34a24c5ae09d44f0e57.jpg

How could you avoid a place like this? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 2

ebinmaine
44 minutes ago, Herder said:

20190116_161647.jpg.6ed09d17fe05e34a24c5ae09d44f0e57.jpg

How could you avoid a place like this? 

I'd go through there every day.... Because I can....

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 5