Mgryder1

Electric PTO Replacement

Mgryder1

Im sure this topic has been beat to death before but I have been unable to find a thread that talks about a replacement PTO clutch for a K301. My tractor is a 72' Charger 12 and my clutch is operating intermittently. I have narrowed it down to an internal issue and I would like to have a replacement handy for when mine completely dies. Have any of you guys replaced your old clutch with a stens or something from xtreme clutch?

Edited by Mgryder1

pfrederi

Have never used an after market.   Is it a field coil issue?  They show up in ebay from time to time many with bad bearings.  You could  replace the bearings or swap out the field coil.   Else it is easy to convert to a manual PTO.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Some service bulletins on pto clutches

Click on the fuzzy pictures in each link

Garry

• Like 1

paxz71usa

Mgryder1, Your problem is most likely a short or break in the coil that pulls the clutch in. I tried to repair mine only to have it break over and over again, Finally I bought a used coil for my '73 12 Automatic from someone within the forum. My guess is someone will contact you at some point with the same type of offer. Best if you would repost in classifieds. Another option that I looked into before I bought the used coil was having a new coil made and installed in the original housing. I took the housing and coil to a local electric motor repair shop. They told me they could wind a new coil and install it no problem. However I don't remember the estimate for the remake. For some reason 135.00 sticks in my head. Spendy, but an option. Hope this helps. 

Gary          :USA:

• Like 1

953 nut

:twocents-02cents:          I replaced mine with a manual clutch and am happy with the results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

paxz71usa

Or that LOL. Forgot that option!:text-lol:

:USA:             Gary