jeff lary

Seat "Wing-Bolts" ??

jeff lary

I don't really know what to call them but what I need is one of the triangle shaped black plastic / steel bolts that you use to adjust the seat forward and backwards with. At some point one of mine must have fallen out. They basically hold the seat on to the seat base. I have one missing is there a place on the web to buy one? There may be but with me calling it what I just did,.... well my searches turn up lots of nothing.

gwest_ca

953 nut

Take one with you and try ACE Hardware or the Big Box lumber store of your choice. They all have hardware selection (most are from Hillman) that will include this type of fastener.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

jeff lary

Thanks for the reply's, Wow $12.00 each at Parts Tree holy smoke I am in the wrong business I guess. Lee Valley is much better.I have posted this topic 3 times in the last 2 days I could not see where it actually posted anyplace? I will check Lowes, and HD.

Edited by jeff lary

gsummers

Agree with above answers, a very common part. as stated, as long as you know the thread size, any good hardware or farm supply store should have what you need.

gsummers

Another solution if you don't need to adjust seat for different riders is to just get the right size bolts to fit. Adjust the seat where you want it and tighten them down. Bolt, flat washer, lock washer, less than a buck to fix and a whole lot less chance of them vibrating loose and falling out.

jeff lary

Oh yea absolutely I have a pretty vast selection of fasteners I can easily just bolt it in place. I do like to keep things as they once were if I can that's why I thought I would get the wing bolt if I could ,..reasonably priced though.

gsummers

I know, I also like to keep to original if possible, I`m sure you can find what you need, just keep looking.