LengerichKA88

Positive thoughts/ Prayer request

Sarge

We'll definitely keep you folks in our thoughts - our family went through a period of the same thing for about 5yrs and lost 8 family members in that time. It seemed like all we ever did as a family was attending funerals - not fun.

Sarge

• Heart 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

You'll be in my prayers today! I lost my last grandparent last June and it is very difficult! I hope things turn out ok for you and your family.

Mike 

• Heart 1

LengerichKA88
13 minutes ago, Sarge said:

We'll definitely keep you folks in our thoughts - our family went through a period of the same thing for about 5yrs and lost 8 family members in that time. It seemed like all we ever did as a family was attending funerals - not fun.

Sarge

In the last three years we’ve probably lost closer to 10, mostly from my family, but with my wife’s family being smaller, the only people to really lose are immediate family. My wife’s mother passed away 2 years ago on New Year’s Day, she was 49. She had been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer a handful of weeks before. The hardest thing I’ve ever had to do was tell my wife that her mother had passed away. The grandmother in question is her maternal grandmother, so I know that makes it that much harder on Sara (my wife). 

We've

got an update on grandma though: 

She’s in AFIb. Irregular heart rhythm. It’s causing her heart rate to go from like 98 to like 120 to 103 and it’s all over the place. Dr said she has some small clots in heart and possibly some in brain. Nothing has caused serious damage. Going for another head CT with contrast to get some more detail as to what’s going on. Has a small chip/fracture in ankle due to a fall at VFW Wednesday night. She can’t really move left leg much. Dr said there are signs of a stroke but thinks that her high blood pressure is what’s caused a lot of this.

18 minutes ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

You'll be in my prayers today! I lost my last grandparent last June and it is very difficult! I hope things turn out ok for you and your family.

Mike 

I have my Grammy left and that’s all. She’s 82, and will be getting a new hip later this month... My BP will drop once she’s home and recovering.

Thank you both, it is greatly appreciated. 

• Sad 2

formariz

My thoughts are with you. Hope that everything works out OK. Definitely too much misfortune for anyone, but life is not always kind.This kind of stuff has also been weighing heavily on my mind lately. Hang in there.

• Heart 1

Razorback

Definitely praying for you and your family.

• Heart 1

stevasaurus

My prayers with you and yours... 

• Heart 1

Pullstart

Thoughts and prayers for you all Kyle.  After my inlaws’ troubles this year, seems nobody is catching a break.  They were going to move into their diesel pusher motor home, but a tire blew out and the concussion of the 22.5” drive tire blew the side skirts off it.  The same night,  my FIL’s glasses broke right off his face while he was reading.  

I just got got home from my mom’s cousin’s funeral.  He had a massive heart attack at 57 years and passed within a week.  He left behind a wife and 20 year old son.  Two days before he passed, his niece passed after a battle with lung cancer.  I can’t imagine how his sister feels, losing a brother and daughter within two days.

sometimes just talking about it helps.  I hope you can feel some compassion and ease from us folks.

• Heart 2

Tractorhead

Hey Kyle, I include you in my thoughts, because i know what you‘re feeling.

years back close to my Grandma’s Birthday firstly my Grandma dies, one month later my Grandpa is gone,

another month later my Dad dies with 57, then i got few day‘s later the message my Mom develops Cancer...

That smashed my life completely out of the Way.

I struggled and needed several Months to come back to normal,

like an huge hole opens among you.

Luckily my Mom winn‘s the race again the Cancer for now more as 8 Years,

yes she‘s survived, and shall be health, but a bittersweet smell to me is allway‘s happen at these day‘s.

Sent you some mental force to withstand all worse influences.

• Heart 2

Achto

My thoughts and prayers will be with you & your family.

• Heart 1

Sparky

Hoping for the best outcome for you and your family Kyle.

• Heart 1

LengerichKA88

Still no real news beyond blood pressure as grandmas issue, but she’s stable, the wife is up there with her now. 

FIL has his procedure done before his appointment time. He got there early, and was out the door in 10 minutes. I thought it would be a little more involved than it was apparently, so that’s good news. 

My mom had the day off, so she decided to drive the hour here to sit and hang out with us and the kids for a few, which was a nice surprise. You’re never too old to need a hug from your mom. 

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, they’re working.  

• Like 1

Digger 66

Thoughts & prayers en route to the big guy .

• Heart 1

953 nut
2 hours ago, LengerichKA88 said:

You’re never too old to need a hug from your mom. 

Truer words were never spoken!       

I pray the the the Lord will be with you and your family as you go through these troubling times. Dear Lord, strengthen Kyle and his family and comfort them.

I ask these things in the name of your Son and my Savior, Jesus Christ. All glory and honor belongs to you.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Prayers sent.

Glenn

• Heart 1

JC 1965

Prayers just sent.

• Heart 1

LengerichKA88

There is a blockage in a blood vessel in her brain.  They put her in some meds and that helped control the heart rate a bit. She went for an MRI last night but we haven’t heard anything about the results yet. The wife is getting ready to head that way. 

So far though, it sounds like nothing extremely serious from the sound of things, so long as it’s taken care of. 🤞🏻

• Heart 2

LengerichKA88

So apparently she did have a stroke. That along with the ankle fracture means that in a couple days she will he moving to an inpatient rehab facility, but it sounds like it should only be a couple weeks at the most. Sorry for the delay in updating you guys.... I’ve been trying to make everything as hassle free for sara as I can, which means that we haven’t seen much of each other, so I inadvertently fell out of the loop. 

The good news is that she’s doing much better, they’ve gotten the afib under control, and today she gets her boot so she can actually get up and out of bed. Unless something major changes, we should be in the home stretch. 

Thanks again everyone, your support is greatly appreciated. 

Edited by LengerichKA88
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

LengerichKA88

Monday evening they moved her to the rehab facility, as there was nothing more they could do for her at the hospital. 

Yesterday was the first time I’d had a chance to see her, and she’s a lot worse for wear than it had sounded. 

Or maybe I just didn’t really get the gravity of it since I hadn’t seen her yet. 

She knew who I was, after a moment, (talked to her on video chat) so I kept the conversation short. 

She will be able to come out of this, so long as she does what she needs to and continues to progress forward. 

• Excellent 2