Rxracer

Newly purchased 520xi

Rxracer

I will have to download the manual and try to set it up. Because one of the adjustment pins came out of the anti scalp wheel and I didnt notice is. Next thing I know I buzzed my lawn short and crooked lol 

Rxracer

Found that the deck has some missing hardware. And the j pins we're wore pretty bad.  

Going to pull the deck and weld up the j pins to get material built back up. 

It was missing the scissor bolt on the left side of the deck. So guess I got more work ahead of me. 

You can see the missing bolt in the pic. I ordered the spacer so waiting for that to show up. 

Screenshot_20190512-195657.png

Rxracer

Anti scrub wheels all fixed up. The kit ordered worked really well. Ground the weld off the back, knocked the old axle out, put the head of the 3/8 in the old axle hole, did 6010 on the front and 7018 on the back. Should be as strong as before.  

IMG_20190513_173730.jpg

IMG_20190513_173636.jpg

IMG_20190513_173642.jpg

• Like 2

Sarge

Definitely got the full lifespan out of those shafts, lol.

Sarge

bds1984

Any updates?

AHS
On 4/27/2019 at 6:38 PM, WVHillbilly520H said:

Depends on overall condition (paint seat tires ect) and area you are in... The last one I bought with extra rear tires, 60" deck, a rear clevis hitch and 1200 hrs $750...then found the 42" single stage thrower $200...

IMAG2996.jpg

Wow!! For $750!! I usually see them for $1000+ in mane! Good deal!!👍

• Thanks 1

Rxracer
On 7/22/2019 at 6:58 AM, bds1984 said:

Any updates?

So been mowing all summer, it's been doing well but oil temp gauge still almost gets to the red on these hot days. I'm starting to wonder if there is a blown head gasket? 

I have about 25 hours on the oil change and it's in the middle of the safe range, but I pulled the oil cap off while it was running and the cap blew off. I pulled the crank case vent apart today and didn't see anything wrong or plugged up. 

Besides that it's been doing well. 

Rxracer
On 7/22/2019 at 6:58 AM, bds1984 said:

So I just spun a compression test. Sitting in the seat, right side was 170psi, left side was 165psi. 

So not sure where said blow by is coming from? I've heard sometimes head gasket issues will not show on a compression test? 

Any info would be great! 

Rob