Pullstart

Newest Addition to the barn

ebinmaine

Looks like a good one Kev.

Well done!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

classiccat

Nice find Kevin!  A lot of potential there for sure!  

Creative throttle control for what I presume is an H60.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
4 minutes ago, classiccat said:

Nice find Kevin!  A lot of potential there for sure!  

Creative throttle control for what I presume is an H60.

But at least the governor is functional, right?

classiccat
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

But at least the governor is functional, right?

It should.  I’ve worked on few h50-h70 Tecs on snowblowers and it’s usually a wire-spring that’s integrated into the throttle control bracket (secures to the intake “manifold”) that you bend open/closed to adjust the rpms.  

definitely have a tach at-the-ready when you open the throttle to wot in case the spring tension is way off...tecs rods aren’t known for staying intact above 3600.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
6 minutes ago, classiccat said:

Tecs rods aren’t known for staying intact above 3600.

Maybe that’s the “it was running and just stopped” problem!  I just happened to have bought another Tecky engine on the big show buy/sell thread, without any real purpose as to why.  I suppose I should pull the plug and check compression, eh?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lee1977

Polish up on your carbitrator cleaning ability.  The first thing you do on a Tecky if it doesn't run is clean the carbitrator, then look for other problems if it doesn't start.

• Like 3

Achto

Nice score Kevin!! Getting it running and leaving the rest as is sounds like a great idea. You best be careful with that addiction, soon you'll have to put up a bigger building for storage.:D

• Haha 1

Pullstart
1 minute ago, Achto said:

Nice score Kevin!! Getting it running and leaving the rest as is sounds like a great idea. You best be careful with that addiction, soon you'll have to put up a bigger building for storage.:D

If I fill the 40x80 with tractors, someone shoot me and give me a proper burial....  on Putt Putt!

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, pullstart said:

If I fill the 40x80 with tractors, someone shoot me and give me a proper burial....  on Putt Putt!

Didn't your woman already tell you you need more storage?

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
13 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Didn't your woman already tell you you need more storage?

That is true.

• Heart 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, pullstart said:

That is true.

Well I'm not really seeing a problem then

if I remember correctly you've got something like six acres of land out there?

I know you wanted to make a pond. So let's Alot 1 acre for the pond. And then you got to have some space to put other stuff. So lets alot 1 acre for that.

That gives you about a...

Plenty of room for more Wheelhorses.

• Haha 2

peter lena

good score on that kevin!  i like the character of a working tractor, in  m / o  i would get after the running issues and leave it as a solid unit. if you are going to show boat it , thats up to you. that patina is a shame to polish away , pete

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

I’m a fan of original if it’s possible to keep it that way, but this one’s already received a new coat of paint.  No worries, every shade of red looks good on these!

• Like 2

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:                                   Nice tractors, but I must ask, is that a '39 Chevy coupe in the background?

6D362273-4B52-462A-97EC-07F0F96624D8.jpeg

• Excellent 1

Pullstart
4 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:                                   Nice tractors, but I must ask, is that a '39 Chevy coupe in the background?

6D362273-4B52-462A-97EC-07F0F96624D8.jpeg

Special Deluxe... built for VROA circle track.  It’ll be mine to drive, if I build it into a race car again.  It’s a basket case roller.  So far, I’ve sorted the parts into bins and even labeled them!

34EB7BB8-20EF-4F0B-9B04-258CA74084FE.jpeg

598B71C3-42CA-40D5-A9F2-6856EFA10A2D.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Pullstart

Well good news is that the engine has compression! The fuel system cleaning will be next in line.

• Like 3

Pullstart
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Well I'm not really seeing a problem then

if I remember correctly you've got something like six acres of land out there?

I know you wanted to make a pond. So let's Alot 1 acre for the pond. And then you got to have some space to put other stuff. So lets alot 1 acre for that.

That gives you about a...

Plenty of room for more Wheelhorses.

There’s 10.5 total, about 6 acres of field.  The pond will be 1/2-3/4 acre but I think before I build more, I’d rather loft half of the barn for more storage.

• Like 1

953 nut
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

Special Deluxe.

Oh yes, a 1940 Special Deluxe,    NICE!          Here is a little inspiration for you.

Image result for 1940 chevrolet race

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Trying to do a little clean up work on some open ended threads I started.  “Jane” is a great little worker, especially with the Kohler carb on it!

I have a battery on it that will start it about 15-20 times before running dead, so there is an obvious charging or lack of charging issue.  Maybe some day I’ll pull it apart, but I don’t mind yanking a rope once in a while.  Just remember... @WHX24 @prondzy ya can’t push a rope!

• Haha 2

Pullstart

Here’s a handful of pictures from along the way.  Most have seen these already, but it’s nice to be in a thread.

B7CE48D9-8C5F-4EA8-A4F3-691187D28D31.jpeg

4FC91349-A750-4164-86A8-85238F75185D.jpeg

0F19CA65-4106-466D-8346-A698E9DBB619.png

42922BDB-58C1-4195-82FF-8F8B14C67A43.jpeg

1649FBA2-E4F1-46BA-AC2C-32EFB5D1E88E.jpeg

8E794918-AC23-462F-BD65-C4EDC51DBD13.jpeg

Pullstart

F6FDCB25-EB3B-4126-9412-95DCA474EF4B.jpeg

FCF061AA-A2ED-449C-931F-7A4CCC753DE8.jpeg

2E6BBD3C-D973-4246-B440-CAC7452DFB9D.jpeg

E6D99E42-48DF-47D0-A7C4-C6C0B8F0DEA0.jpeg

02958AAA-997C-4CDA-A549-3086A1333127.jpeg