Achto

I'd like to introduce "Radpferd"

ACman

Dan here’s a wheatland I know you like .

6E3D4445-D750-42F2-9EAB-D780BAFAED3F.jpeg.8eb20c0ec02aeeb3b1ce3363567931bc.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

LengerichKA88

Would similarly designed and built GTs then be “Grasslands”?🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

WHX??

Yup... check out dem fenders!

Got any specs on the engine Dan, .... HP, torque and such. What size genny would have it been used on? Any chance we can get a pic of that relocated monitor panel on the hood stand?

Edited by WHX22
  • Like 2

Achto
1 hour ago, WHX22 said:

Got any specs on the engine Dan, .... HP, torque and such. What size genny would have it been used on?

The engine is 3.46" bore x 2.99" stroke. This works out to be 28.1ci (462cc). The compression ratio is 20.5:1. Power rating is (5.1HP ; 3.8kw) at 1500 RPMs - (10.1 HP ; 7.5kw) at 3600 RPMs. Torque rating is 18.4 ft lbs at 2300 RPMs. The engine weights around 115lbs.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Looks like traction is gonna be the game here.

Seeing action video diesel horse cam is going to be fun.....

• Like 1

prondzy

Dan you did an amazing job on this and you totally outdid yourself, i only see one tiny imperfection,  just one tiny flaw in your design........... you didnt build it to bring to my house and leave it:scared-eek::hide:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Stormin
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 3:15 AM, Achto said:

the faint at heart may not want to look up the retail price. 

That engine is over £3,000 over here. :scared-eek:

• Like 1

Achto
15 minutes ago, Stormin said:

That engine is over £3,000 over here. :scared-eek:

Not much better over here.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_744380_744380?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Engines > Diesel Engines&utm_campaign=Hatz Diesel&utm_content=60111&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI36T7jcXt4QIV1VqGCh2uywpqEAQYASABEgINaPD_BwE

My engine came from a research & development unit at work. It had roughly 5hrs on the clock and had sat since 2012. I guess most people at work were afraid of it or some thing.:dunno: I won it on an internal auction for less than 5% of retail cost.:D

Edited by Achto
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

Achto
1 hour ago, prondzy said:

you didnt build it to bring to my house and leave it

:confusion-confused:Sorry Mike, I neglected to add that into the design.:lol: You're welcome to some seat time in Portage, as long as you remember to bring it back.:D

Edited by Achto
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Rp.wh

Wow Dan you did it again that is one SWEET looking machine!!!!

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

Hey Dan, looks like we need to trade cables!

ECF3BC88-2437-490D-8EA7-4EBB3CB41840.jpeg

• Haha 3

Achto
29 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Hey Dan, looks like we need to trade cables!

I like the kill cable Kevin:handgestures-thumbupright: You could kill this Hatz engine with the throttle cable. I have mine set so that it will idle nice with the throttle knob pushed all of the way instead of it killing the engine. Why??? This way you have to shut the key off to kill the engine. A big reason for doing it this way - I rebuilt the engine on my dads Ford tractor, 2 weeks later I stop back over to see if it was ready for its first oil change. What do I find?? 120hrs on the clock & a dead battery. Because some one had left the key on after shutting the engine off.

Edited by Achto
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, Achto said:

What do I find?? 120hrs on the clock & a dead battery. Because some one had left the key on after shutting the engine off.

Yeah but on the plus side you know the hour meter was working well.

:hide:

• Haha 2

Tractorhead

You made a real great Job Dan.

cool rework on the Engine you did, it wasn‘t be visible in the whole concept

because it harmonizes that style, that it will be never be build for anything else. 

• Thanks 1

Achto
34 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

cool rework on the Engine you did,

Thank you,

The only part on the engine that I would like to change yet would be the air cleaner. Currently the air cleaner draws air from the fan on the fly wheel. I'm sure that there is no boost created by this and would much rather come up with some thing a little stylish. I just haven't figured out how to get rid of the box style one that it has and still keep the sensors that are inside of it...yet

Edited by Achto
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

What are the sensors Dan? EFI?

Achto
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

What are the sensors Dan? EFI?

I think so but I am not positive. To tell you the truth, I took the air filter off, looked in the intake hole, saw wires & thought "I'll battle this another time:)" The manual that I down loaded leaves a lot to be desired. It has a lot of info yet leaves out wiring schematics and specs that I might need in the future. I might have to break down and purchase an actual service manual, if I can find one.

Edited by Achto

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Achto said:

I think so but I am not positive, the manual that I down loaded leaves a lot to be desired. It has a lot of info yet leaves out wiring schematics and specs that I might need in the future. I might have to break down and purchase an actual service manual, if I can find one.

I know we love to think that the internet has everything we need but is this the kind of thing that our German friend could help out with a little?

• Thanks 1

Achto
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

is this the kind of thing that our German friend could help out with a little?

I've found sites to provide a service manual, so far all have asked for dealer credentials be for allowing me to go any farther.

• Sad 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Achto said:

I've found sites to provide a service manual, so far all have asked for dealer credentials be for allowing me to go any farther.

You must have a buddy in the industry out there. If not, let me know. I have someone here that would print that out for me.

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Looks and sounds wonderful Dan.

• Thanks 2

ebinmaine

@p38js

Check out Dan's battery and tray.

:think:

Achto
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Check out Dan's battery and tray.

That was quite a challenge!! As you can see there wasn't much clearance and there was no way that a normal GT battery was going to fit in there. The battery that I used is the same one used on FX style Harley's, figured if it could turn 100+ci it should be able turn 28ci. The price difference between the HD battery and a GT battery was a little hard to swallow though.:(

• Like 3