Sign in to follow this  
PetesPonies

any of you ganged push mowers . .

PetesPonies

to pull behind your tractor? I don't mean reel mowers which only do finish cutting. What I mean are gas powered push mowers that have been towed behind a small tractor . . any experience with this here?

Coadster32

Not sure why you'd do this. :omg: How about a bigger deck?

CasualObserver

I have... growing up I used a setup like this to mow in my grandparent's orchard. We took the top half of the push handle off, and the trailing mowers were able to flip in and out around the trees without killing me (or whoever else mowed) It was a great setup for mowing around the tree trunks too... the turning radius was tight enough to get around even the small trees and not have to go back with the trimmer. 42" deck and 2-20" or 22" push mowers gave us about an 80-84" cut. The trailing mowers had to be replaced about every 2-3 years for structural wear on the deck shell from turning. If you'd like more details.. send me a PM. I've also seen a setup of about 9 in a diagonal row kinda like the moldboards on a big ag plow. (diagonal so the discharged grass was not blown into or into the way of the next unit in line.)

Please pardon the crude sketch... I'm not exactly what you'd call an artist.

trailingmowers.jpg