Sparky

New acquisition

wallfish
22 hours ago, 12Horse Paladin said:

sno throws with the old style chromed handlebars and am trying to figure out how to go about cleaning them up somehow (dunno if it's worth the expense to have them re-chromed).

If the chrome is still there and not rotted off,  you can clean it up with crumpled up aluminum foil and water, or some guys use coca cola. It works great if the chrome is salvageable and it doesn't leave any scratch marks.

9 hours ago, WHX22 said:

Further look appears you could still stuff a factory gas tank under that hood... what would be cooler than a :wh: with dual tanks? :D We'll get 'Fish to do the plumbing! 

That's a good idea! Mike can carry some extra gas for every time one my tanks go empty at a show. I'll keep him as busy as a AAA rescue truck. Probably find some room on there while we're at it so he can carry a jump box, too. Plus air compressor, tire plugs, tow strap, extra spark plugs, points file, misc. tools ect. ect. ect. @Sparky has a lot of shopping to do so he can get all of this in order and ready before the Zagray show on 5/4.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

The Tuul Crib
15 minutes ago, wallfish said:

If the chrome is still there and not rotted off,  you can clean it up with crumpled up aluminum foil and water, or some guys use coca cola. It works great if the chrome is salvageable and it doesn't leave any scratch marks.

That's a good idea! Mike can carry some extra gas for every time one my tanks go empty at a show. I'll keep him as busy as a AAA rescue truck. Probably find some room on there while we're at it so he can carry a jump box, too. Plus air compressor, tire plugs, tow strap, extra spark plugs, points file, misc. tools ect. ect. ect. @Sparky has a lot of shopping to do so he can get all of this in order and ready before the Zagray show on 5/4.

I’ve always used double 00 for cleaning up up Crome and never had issues of scratches in it .i would always spray with window cleaner before hand.

Edited by The Tool Crib

12Horse Paladin

@Sparky  @wallfish @The Tool Crib ....Thank you all for the info and suggestions! I will try them, or a combination thereof n see what happens...

I'd really like to save them (the handlebars), but they may be too far gone...but I like "original" , so i'll try n see what I can do to bring'em back. Otherwise, paint, it'll have to be.

Eitherway, thanks again, all!:)

Sparky

Couple small changes to make this tractor “mine”. 

Not a fan of chrome. So the exhaust got a sandpaper scuffing and two coats of hi-temp black. 

CE1830EC-090E-4956-A225-1BBB721AD466.jpeg

9AEE2E37-4186-4695-9D1E-C7B4C7D66DF1.jpeg

149E1DD8-0C30-4D03-B902-1FC1EFF23922.jpeg

Also not a fan of the seat bolted right to the fender pan. I’m tall and want as much leg toom as I can get outa these short frame models.  Had this two piece seat hanging around and a couple of the “U” shaped seat springs for added height. 

F6662290-8B32-411E-90D6-826E0A009C8E.jpeg

D4515A3F-DE74-4164-B7CE-E2CEE1D5C3BB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

WVHillbilly520H
On 4/16/2019 at 10:34 PM, PeacemakerJack said:

Speaking of road trips...bring that little dude out to J&C PD IV and hook Jim’s 8” on there and you’ll have fun for hours!  So glad that tractor delivery karma came back around to you :thumbs: What a sweet little tractor and I too am a big fan of M-series Kohler’s.  I think we have about 4 or 5 of them around here right now...I’m looking for the right one currently to put in Zach’s Blackbeard...

I have an M12 but you have to buy the vessel with it...

IMAG4158.jpg