Pullstart

Calling all John Deere eagle eyes!

Pullstart
7 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

When I first saw the picture I thought it might be a 300 industrial.With further picture comparison it might be a 1010.If it is keep in mind that gas or diesel it will have a sleeve deck engine.This is a sleeve design that has all the sleeves brazed to a deck plate.The only place for engine parts for this engine is JD itself.The sleeve deck is over $1100. No one and I mean no one makes it but Deere.This back hoe probably uses the rotary swing hydraulics instead of normal cylinders.This type of rotater is similar to a hydraulic motor.I have been told that this  a very expensive unit to repair.If I were interested I would find out what model this is and talk to a JD dealer about support for it.My guess is that the cost to repair it is why it has been parked so long.

Wow, those are great points Jay!  Just those alone might make me rethink.... but I feel like going to check it out would be wise.  He mentioned there were 9 tractors needing to go, among other things. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, pullstart said:

He mentioned there were 9 tractors needing to go, among other things. 

Oh WOWOW !!!!

Of course they'll be pics rriigghhtt????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LengerichKA88
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

How much you guys wanna bet I can get it running, use the backhoe and bucket to crawl the rig, dig a pond, then fix the trans?  :ROTF:

019E6A07-50E0-4B37-9FD6-63EC2C877FC2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

oliver2-44
4 hours ago, pullstart said:

How much you guys wanna bet I can get it running, use the backhoe and bucket to crawl the rig, dig a pond, then fix the trans?  :ROTF:

I won't take that bet.

Of course I've done more than a little crawling with my old Oliver. Moved quite a distance back to the shed when a rear tire gave it up. When you have an older one (like that) that has 2 separate seats, it's a lot easier to crawl it over while digging than move seat to seat.  Regarding getting it running my Oliver was a small concrete contractors machine and must have spent a lot of time in the yard. it's 4 cyl diesel is as strong as can be!

• Like 1

oliver2-44
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

keeping in mind I have no idea what you're towing capabilities are but that could easily weigh 6 or 8 thousand pounds.

The book says my similar sized Oliver with loader and backhoe weighs 9900 lbs.  I loaded it on a 10,000 lb rated U-Haul car hauler trailer and quickly decided I needed a heavier trailer.

PS my Oliver backhoe is a model 613.  it can dig 13 ft deep. I believe it was common in the 60's for the backhoe model number to include digging depth. On the other hand I would not want to be setting on my tractor with outriggers extended with a 13 ft hole almost underneath me.

• Like 1

oliver2-44
6 hours ago, pullstart said:

I don’t know how the backhoe attaches or detaches...

On most of the 60's tractors the backhoe pins to holes or hooks on the rear of the loader frame which extends past the rear wheels.  Then a lot of them have an upper support from the top of the backhoe frame that goes over the rear axle and pins to the loader arms by the operators feet. 4-6 pins, 2 hydraulic hoses and its off in a perfect world.  Mine usually involves some sledge hammer work.  

Pullstart

Bought me a ‘hoe.... and now it’s time to figure out how to get it home!

20F98721-9606-4F8D-9B3E-715D2074408D.jpeg

F6696C11-A784-45D0-8660-1D25063F497D.jpeg

07E1D997-9E09-4093-A204-B8C9DE594889.jpeg

0890D343-C3A9-471E-A376-6EAC26D1200A.jpeg

0B82FB51-FEBE-4E5C-85F3-D6F9EB5C99CE.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine

Super cool. We hope.

Obviously if you are the new owner then you think you got a fair price for it.

Best of luck and obviously, keep us posted with all possible developments.

Pullstart

I think so...  time will tell come Sunday morning when we drag it out!

953 nut
49 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Bought me a ‘hoe.... and now it’s time to figure out how to get it home!

Kevin, you are one plucky individual!     :confusion-confused:     I would suggest having an industrial strength roll back come and get it.

Pullstart
7 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Kevin, you are one plucky individual!     :confusion-confused:     I would suggest having an industrial strength roll back come and get it.

That would probably be the smart way to haul it!  My father inlaw has a big flat bed at his shop we can borrow, and hopefully with some ingenious tugging and pulling we’ll get the hydraulics in the air and pull it on the trailer with another truck.

ebinmaine

Yeah you'll figure it out man. Just grab ahold of all the come-a-longs and chain binders you can find and don't forget the camera for all of our entertain... Wait, um, I meant evidenc... No no, documentation. That's what I was going for. Yeah, that's it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart

You guys know the craziest thing I did today though was pass on the 1076 in the barn..  I know someone else that wants to buy it and she is cuter than me.

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, pullstart said:

You guys know the craziest thing I did today though was pass on the 1076 in the barn..  I know someone else that wants to buy it and she is cuter than me.

That's mighty Regal of ya right there man

953 nut
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

hopefully with some ingenious tugging and pulling we’ll get the hydraulics in the air

Chances are if you back off on the hoses to the loader and back hoe then use a chain fall between the top of the back hoe and bucket you can get both of them off the ground enough to load it.

If the tires don't hold air you could always use the method John @wallfish used on this snow blower tires.               :ychain:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

Only one front tire is either flat or sunk in, I’ll bring a spare tire, compressor, and I’m thinking I can use the chain fall and hold the spool valve open to get flow.

• Like 1

Pullstart

Only one front tire is either flat or sunk in, I’ll bring a spare tire, compressor, and I’m thinking I can use the chain fall and hold the spool valve open to get flow.

T-Mo

Industrial Deere.  We had a similar model in our units when I was an Army combat engineer in the late 70s, early 80s. We had 1010s, from what I remember.

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Your going to have way to much fun with that thing. There's nothing like playing in a bigger sand box with bigger toys., and you know how I know. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

I only have 6 acres of field to dig in.... plus a side yard that used to be a dirt bike track.  According to the governing body that deals with ponds and waterways (the three letter agency name is escaping me) I have free reign to dig up to 5 acres of pond and up to 1 acre is allowed to be open year round.  I doubt I’ll get that carried away, I’ll start running out of place to put the dirt!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
On 3/28/2019 at 7:03 PM, pullstart said:

Wow, those are great points Jay!  Just those alone might make me rethink.... but I feel like going to check it out would be wise.  He mentioned there were 9 tractors needing to go, among other things. :handgestures-thumbupright:

On 3/28/2019 at 7:05 PM, ebinmaine said:

Oh WOWOW !!!!

Of course they'll be pics rriigghhtt????

What kind of friend am I, that only took pictures of what I’ll be able to take pictures of as much as I want?  I never took any other ones of the rest of the sale.  Someone came in and asked what’s for sale?  “Everything’s for sale!” He said.

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

If the tires don't hold air you could always use the method John @wallfish used

Richard that may not be in his best interest..... BUT.... I'm sure @wallfish would be more than happy to take photos or videos of you using his tried and true method.

• Haha 2

Pullstart
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

Richard that may not be in his best interest..... BUT.... I'm sure @wallfish would be more than happy to take photos or videos of you using his tried and true method.

If he wants to come all this way, I’ll supply the pallet of spray foam AND invite @WHX22 to bring the refreshers!

• Haha 5

953 nut
9 hours ago, pullstart said:

I doubt I’ll get that carried away, I’ll start running out of place to put the dirt!

You could build a water feature and your very own mountain!      Have some trails to ride :wh: to the summit of Mt. Pullstart and a LOOOOOOONG  slide ending in the lake!    :confusion-confused:      Wouldn't that be cool?

• Excellent 1

WHX??
10 hours ago, pullstart said:

If he wants to come all this way, I’ll supply the pallet of spray foam AND invite @WHX22 to bring the refreshers!

I'm on it :lol:

20190329_180431.jpg

20190329_190211.jpg

Edited by WHX22
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1