Sign in to follow this  
scifi4all

36" RD Mower Deck

scifi4all

I am restoring my 36" RD Mower Deck #5-7366. Some PO replaced the leveler (part #9297), that is mounted on the front of the lift frame, with a piece of 3/8" rod and a large welded on nut. Am I correct in assuming the original had a piece of rubber on the bottom? Toro's parts viewer says it is no longer available. Does anyone have a picture of an original and some dimensions. I will attempt to make my own. :omg:

Astrolite

I have several of those lift frames. I'll take a look today and get back to you.

KyBlue

See if this helps any @ all

IMG_4856.jpg

scifi4all

In the bottom right hand corner of this photo is the lift arm. At the bottom right corner of the lift arm you can just make out the top of the leveler rod that is supposed to have a round rubber bumper on it. It is blocked by the edge of the belt. I know this is a terrible picture of my problem. But my deck is at a friends where i am going to sand blast it, in order to paint it. This hole through the lift arm is for a 3/8" rod that may or may not be the correct size. Someone I recently met gave me one from a similar old wheeelhorse lift arm but it is 5/16" rod and is very small. Possibly a smaller than 36" deck? He did not have the deck anymore just the lift arm lying around.

P2240010.jpg

Anyone have any other photos?

I appreciate the help so far. Thanks.

TT

Here's some pictures of a P/N 100087 leveler from a '70 42" deck which should be similar:

bumpstop007.jpg

bumpstop004.jpg

bumpstop003.jpg

OAL is 2

Astrolite

Looks like my bumpstop was the same as TT's until it lost the rubber tip.

bumpstop001.jpg

bumpstop002.jpg

scifi4all

Thanks for the pictures TT and Astrolite. TT your measurements match the one another collector gave me. This must mean that a PO tapped the original hole out to 3/8" and made the rod that was installed on mine. I will have to try and make one. When I stated that my deck is a #5-7366 from 1971. It is only because that is the only manual I could find on another website, that matched my deck. There is no model number on the deck.

Thanks again for the Help!

WheelHorse_of_course

Some of these decks have the leveler piece and others do not.

Some of them have no adjustment at all. I had to adjust mine by adding a shim. Then again mine is a put-together so it is not a fair comparison.

:omg: :drool:

scifi4all

Astrolite,

What size rod is your leveler. It looks longer than TT's. What is it's length? If you take a look at the two in my photo below. The one on the left is what the previous PO had installed. Part of it looks like yours. As if the cup came off and they welded on that large nut. I might have to reuse part of the original or I have in mind how to make one. It just is bugging me as to whether the PO tapped out the hole or it was originally 3/8".

P4080031.jpg

TT

Have you checked with any appliance stores? (I bet you'll get this without me saying anything more. :omg: )

linen beige

Have you checked with any appliance stores? (I bet you'll get this without me saying anything more. :omg: )

:drool:

How long before his wife mentions that the washing maching "Just started wobblin' around!"?

scifi4all

You guys are a riot. :drool: I just cant see the forest for the trees sometimes. That is a darn good, simple idea. :omg: TT.

Astrolite

The bumpstop in my photo is a 5/16" coarse threaded rod. The overall length from tip to tip is 3 11/16". It's 3" long to the base of the flange nut and the protrusion above the flange, that would hold the rubber bumper, is 7/16" in length. Hope this helps.

scifi4all

Thanks again everybody! I am going to try TT's suggestion and hit up an appliance parts store. None of our appliances, at home, have 3/8" feet installed them. :omg: