RetroMower

Which should i buy

Sarge

Grab any original manuals that you can get your hands on - they are highly valuable and are a needed resource as we don't have every single one ever published available. In original, unmolested form they are also a great seller to those looking to restore old machines. Sites like our forum here value manuals like that to a high degree as well. The brand name doesn't matter, either - any brand known or unknown has value, especially if they are any sort of factory service manuals. 

Sarge

RetroMower

Oh my boys are finally home. Why do they look 1000% better and more stunning in MY garage. Ill be trying to get the C100 started later today 

20190326_133034.jpg

20190326_132959.jpg

20190326_132941.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

RetroMower

Well after a little fiddling, draining what used to be gasoline from the system and replacing the battery cables and hooking them to a freshly charged battery.... nothing. :eusa-think:. Hooked up the lil multi meter and i have 12v at the key and the solenoid shows 12 on the small terminals when key is moved to start. I jumped 12v straight to the starter and she spins fine but not with the key. Previous owner looks to have jumped the seat safety switch. I have speculations but id like to hear the opinions of you wheel horse pros :bow-blue:

Sparky

There are safety switches on the PTO as well. Prevents the operator from starting the tractor with the mower deck engaged. In your pics both of your PTO levers are in the engaged position. Try pulling the levers back toward the seat to disengage. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

Mike @Sparky, he said he is getting 12 volts to the small terminal of the solenoid with key in start, wouldn't be a safety switch then. I have already answered on his other post on this same problem.