RetroMower

Which should i buy

Racinbob

:text-yeahthat:

Also the reason they didn't stick around long. Don't count out a machine with the wobble mounts though. You can replace them with solid mounts. :)

• Like 1

cschannuth

I swapped out the wobble mounts with solid on my dad’s C-161 and noticed no vibration difference. 

RetroMower
7 hours ago, Sparky said:

Any attachments? Mowing decks or snow plows?

Hearing these guys saying to buy all three might seem like joking but in all seriousness it might be the way to go. It sounds like all three bought individually is around $650, but maybe a package deal could be had for $500-$550? Then ya bring em all home, get them running and assess what you really have. If you get mowing decks you can now spin them all up to see which is in the best shape and has good spindles. 

Now let’s assume you have three running machines, you decide which one (or two) you want to keep and sell off the remainder. A running machine with at least one working attachment could be worth $300-$500 depending on its overall condition. 

Dont know your financial state but a larger monetary investment and some elbow grease and you could possibly end up with a tractor for free or close to it. 

All 3 tractors have their mowing decks and if all 3 prices were added up it would be 710$. This guy also has a snow blade listed for 100$. Everything looks to be in equal 6+ year barn storage condition. From the pictures he sent me, they look as if they were maintained fairly well. Unfortunately i wont get to evaluate their condition until Monday and consequently wont be able to provide you good people with pics until then. I think i will try to get all 3 and the snow blade for 550-650 as hes had these for sale for a while. Thank you everyone for helping me make this decision. Im really excited with the prospect of sharing a restoration very soon 

• Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

RetroMower

Ok so I wasn't able to transplant pics from my phone to here for whatever reason but I was able to at home on the old PC. feast your eyes

B100.jpg

B111.jpg

C100.jpg

• Like 4

dcrage

Notice that that is a B-111. None of the previous comments about C-111s apply. B-111 is a vertical shaft lawn tractor with a weaker transmission, therefore not as desirable as a C-111 (garden tractor). Not saying it is bad but definitely worth less on this board. 

• Like 2

Sparky

Oh...a B-111. Well that changes everything (in my opinion).

Grab the C-100 for sure and if you have funds for a second machine buy the B-100. Leave the B-111 for someone else :rolleyes: . 

The beauty of the C-100 and the B-100 are that they have the exact same motor, are both garden tractors, accept the same attachments and have some value whether restored or left original. Unfortunately the B-111 has little to no value in my eyes and the seller would have to offer it for free to get me to load it on my trailer.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

RetroMower

I apologize for initially claiming one of the 3 was a C111 when it turns out its a B111. I had so many 1's and B's and C's bouncing around my head  that a typo was inevitable. Well come Monday i will finally get to actually see and hopefully purchase the B and C 100's and probably the snow blade. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

richmondred01

C100 gets my vote

• Like 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, RetroMower said:

I apologize for initially claiming one of the 3 was a C111 when it turns out its a B111. I had so many 1's and B's and C's bouncing around my head  that a typo was inevitable.

No problem, you have just proven you are human!  :handgestures-thumbupright:  With spring mowing season coming the B-111 would sell if it runs, just don't let the prospective buyer see the others or they will want them instead.    :ychain:

• Like 2

Herder

All three of them appear to be in decent condition. Unfortunately the little B111 is bomb, it may be fun to ride around on.  You know go check mail or something.  Good luck.   :handgestures-thumbupright:

midpack

I'd love to grab the muffler off that B100... lol

Herder
Just now, midpack said:

I'd love to grab the muffler off that B100... lol

Me too.  No lol about it, Id grad it grab it quick! 

RetroMower

Just talked to the guy selling these horsies and hes willing to part with the C100 B100 and snow blade for 450$. In my novice opinion on WH i believe that is a fair price for not having seen them in person or if they are in running condition. I may take a battery and some starting fluid on pick up day and see what happens 

• Like 5

Ed Kennell

Look for the axle bracket to mount the plow.

• Like 2

RetroMower
7 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Look for the axle bracket to mount the plow.

To quote everyone else in here...:wwp:

Lol a visual aid would help me to know what to look for. 

Sparky

$450 isn’t a bad deal for two tractors, two mower decks and a plow. I would be hesitant to try to start them before money has exchanched hands. The seller might think twice about the price if one or both fire up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

RetroMower
32 minutes ago, Sparky said:

$450 isn’t a bad deal for two tractors, two mower decks and a plow. I would be hesitant to try to start them before money has exchanched hands. The seller might think twice about the price if one or both fire up.

Yes but 450$ is a lot to part with if both do not run. A gummy carb and an ancient fouled plug are expected but a popped motor is a real bummer. But i do understand what you are saying. This will all have to be carefully dealt with as it comes. 

Ed Kennell

517120670.jpgHere is the axle bracket you will need to mount the plow frame to the rear axle.

• Like 1

RetroMower
24 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

517120670.jpgHere is the axle bracket you will need to mount the plow frame to the rear axle.

If its not included i think i know where i can get one by the looks of things.:text-thankyoublue:

RetroMower

Well i finally got to see the two beauties today and im even more excited seeing them in person. Decks are in good shape, tires hold air and the plow bracket is there. Ill be bringing them home tomorrow. Guy selling them is super nice and had quite the herd of over 30 wheelhorses this time last year. The B and C100s are the last two he has. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Ed Kennell

:woohoo:        :wwp:

• Like 1

RetroMower

I did take more pics but they are identical to the ones i already posted lol. Theres going to be plenty tomorrow :happy-partydance:

• Like 2

Sparky

Congrats on what is probably a great score!

Did you attempt to start either of them?

• Like 2

wallfish

AH, the joy of a Wheel Horse score. Not much beats that felling.

Hope it all works out well.

• Like 2

RetroMower
1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Congrats on what is probably a great score!

Did you attempt to start either of them?

No. This guy seemed very genuine and straight forward telling me they both ran fine when they were parked and they were only parked because he was getting older because he had too much land and ended up getting a zero turn. I know anyone selling anything is to be approached with caution but it will be fun getting them going at home. He also said he had a couple hundred manuals and hopefully has ones for these two. 

• Like 1