Sign in to follow this  
past7971

GT-14 3-point hitch questions

past7971

Picked up a model 8-5412 hitch for my GT-14. Got the bottom axle mount/arms and top pivot/bar to connect to factory lift/rockshaft. Missing the top link, sway chains and links from pivot to arms. My questions are--will any Cat 0 top link work? Was going to buy new from TSC but want to make sure there are no length issues I am not aware of. I can easily fab up the sway chains but was wondering about the lift links from pivot to arms. Anyone by chance have pair for sale? Does TSC have something that will work? I was just going to "make them" with a length of strong chain for now if not but was also curious about making them "solid" for down-pressure. Good idea or am I asking for trouble and they are made to give so you dont break tractor/"unload" rear tires if you get too stupid? I have three GT-14's and can make one "3-point only" using its factory hoist control and lift cylinder to control it (instead of adding/finding extra control system) if thats the "better" way to operate it.

past7971

OK, I went to TSC for some "goodies" and naturally they have two different Cat 0 top links. A "short" and "long". Did not have any "short" ones in stock so I'm figuring thats probably the one I need. Does anyone know for sure which it will need or can you measure yours (D-series are same part number) so I dont buy the wrong one first? Thanks

rustbucket

i have a cat o 3 point on my GT-14 and have the short top link it all depends on what your going to be useing it for if i recall correctly.

chdinct

Don't have a GT-14, but do have a 3PH on my Kubota and even with solid lift link arms, you won't have down pressure. I can lift my lower lift links by hand on the Kubota (with no implement attached). I think all 3PH's are made this way so your trailing implement can float up and down with teraine unless you add weight to the implement it self. Good luck on putting one together.