Digger 66

Let's talk impact guns ....

Digger 66

My impact was getting old and was never very good to begin with so I put my research cap on .

I know , I know ... Harbor Freight stigma has me too , but after watching the YouTube comparo , I couldn't resist .

I also needed a 32 mm impact socket so off to H/F I went .

Socket was $ 4.99 with a lifetime warranty and picked up the gun too .

Total price out the door was 151 beaver pelts .

We'll see .....

pD8q8He.jpg

Edited by Digger 66
  • Like 5

Achto

I have an older Earthquake and I can't say any thing bad about it. It has more power than my previous impact, which was a Snap-On.and has held up well for the past 5yrs.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 3

WHX??

I got a dirt old Snap Off that's a pos but probably needs a factory refresh. Wonder if they would "life time warranty" it? :laughing-rolling: yah right. 

On the other hand I have a no name 1/2 drive that someone left on our scrap dock at work. Ounce of oil works good. 

Doubt if I was a NASCAR tire changer I would want to use it Digger but for home use??? Let us know.

Edited by WHX22

squonk

Hardly ever get the air tools out any more. Cordless impacts and ratchets now. Still got my IR231 in the box for taking off stuck hubs! :banana-wrench:

Speaking of old POS Snap On impacts, Guy in the shop had this old SO impact that sounded sick like a dog. It turned real slow. But if one of us IR guys had something our gun wouldn't budge that SO would spin it off! :bow-blue:

midpack

I have a couple IR and one Porter Cable. the PC came from Ocean State Job Lot of all places, probably along the HF line of quality. The PC is a little higher torque but heavvvvy....

IR's are nice and light, the second one I have actually came from the pit crew for the driver Reggie Ruggeiro ( Northeast legend) so i was told.. picked it up at a tag sale for $10... lol