fast88pu

keyswitch

fast88pu

I'm looking for a Toro or stens part # for a key switch. It has to be a 5 pole that fits the 5 pole plugs. It has to have power in all positions besides off and has to be grounded in the off position to kill the Engine.   Thank you

pfrederi

That may be hard to find.  That you want grounded in the off position would be a magnetp switch.  But all the ones WH used in the starting position only B  battery and S Stater terminals were connected.  In run B  A (accessory) and R regulator were connected.  You do not want the S energized in run position or starter motor would never stop.  You don't want acc or regulator while cranking.

953 nut

103 991 should do the trick. In the "ON" position the "B","R" and "A" are all connected. In the off position the "M" is grounded and in Start the "B" and "S" are connected.

5b202f2559e4b_Mag.ignitiontractor-wiring.jpg.c9ba2b8fc2697f7770291614834b5fd4.jpg

Edited by 953 nut
  • Excellent 1

fast88pu

I need one for a tractor with an electric carb solonoid. That is hot in all spots but off.   Off has to be grounded. So a ground kill. A battery terminal a start terminal and an accessory in the #2 position and also an accessory in the #2-3 position

pfrederi
1 minute ago, fast88pu said:

I need one for a tractor with an electric carb solonoid. That is hot in all spots but off.   Off has to be grounded. So a ground kill. A battery terminal a start terminal and an accessory in the #2 position and also an accessory in the #2-3 position

Look for something newer.. MTD type have briggs engines with mags and carb shut off

• Like 1

fast88pu
3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

103 991 should do the trick. In the "ON" position the "B","R" and "A" are all connected. In the off position the "M" is grounded and in Start the "B" and "S" are connected.

5b202f2559e4b_Mag.ignitiontractor-wiring.jpg.c9ba2b8fc2697f7770291614834b5fd4.jpg

The problem with this one is the #3 position only has a start position and one power only in the start position

• Like 1

fast88pu
Just now, pfrederi said:

Look for something newer.. MTD type have briggs engines with mags and carb shut off

That's what I was thinking but need a #

fast88pu

430173 is a stens # for a newer vanguard. Wish I could find a wire diagram for it.   Any ideas? 

pfrederi

Worked on a neighbors troy bilt last summer had the carb cutoff Can't remember the model number and they are only summer folk so I can go lok at it sorry..  Look for an ad from loews home dept for a model number on something new then try to find a parts listing for it....

Edit ..wonder if any of the new Toro XI series use that technology???

522xi has a fuel solenoid am guessing does the same thing

fuel.JPG

Edited by pfrederi

gwest_ca

In the drawing above they simply added diodes to the start wire and 12 volt supply with the key in the run position to power the carb solenoid. That prevents one circuit from back feeding the other. You will lose about .6 volt (1/2 volt) across the diode but should be plenty left to activate the solenoid.

Garry

• Thanks 1

formariz

@fast88pu I don't think this is what you are looking for but it is a different one. If it works I can direct you to it.

In the run position L has power

In start position only S has power

Off position grounds M

IMG_1721.JPG.17f6e3b96787153c764fb4ed6bbf7ec7.JPG