bc.gold

Do Cows Pass Gas

bc.gold

My sister and her husband operated a dairy farm when they retired had sold their milk quota for an astounding 1.5 million but were stuck with a large herd of pedigree stock that still had to be milked morning and late afternoon

Dairy cows are not ideal beef producers, so she and her husband took artificial insemination to a new level. 

Embryos removed then artificially inseminated were then implanted inside rabbits which were then exported to country's in need of improving their stock on arrival the embryos were then transplanted into surrogate mothers.

Having been around cows most of her life I consider her to be an authority and my sister tells me that cows do not pass gas.

Survival of DNA-injected cow embryos temporarily cultured in rabbit oviducts

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16726671

cow.png

hubiC-03-18-2019 9_21_59.zip

Edited by bcgold
  • Haha 1

oliver2-44

She is correct. A cow can not pass gas. If it eats to much green clover it will bloat and can die. On the farm we had a metal dagger ER in a tube to stab a bloated downed cow in the stomach with. If you get to a bloated cow before she’s down you can run her and she might belch it up. Remember cows have 2 stomachs. 

Edited by oliver2-44
  • Excellent 1

Mikey the Monkey

cows have 4 stomaches and they do indeed pass lots of gas. the trapped gas you speak of is gas getting caught in the rumen that can kill her.

i have worked with dairy cows every day for nineteen years and never heard of transplanting eggs into rabbits. learn something new everyday, i do hear them fart constantly though...they have no shame

dells68

Only thing I can think of to say is ...You fellas just ain’t right!!!!😂

• Haha 4

rjg854

Sounds like a lot of hot air :ychain:

• Haha 6