Sign in to follow this  
Baxtercr

Fule Pump for Magnum m12 12hp

Baxtercr

I'm replacing the  fuel pump on Kohler magnum m12 12hp which is leaking.   I replaced it with the manual pump as per the picture.  which is very similar.  I event tested it before fitting.  but it just doesn't pump any fuel through.  I'm trying to figure what the problem could be be.  I'm pretty sure I've fitted it correctly,  and when I put the old pump back on it works fine.

Am I missing something ?  I noted its got the large circle with the kit but I didn't use that as I could see if it was needed anywhere anyway. 

Any help would be much appreciated.  I just don't understand why its not pumping the fuel through

SAM_2352__77771.1453600313.JPG

The Gman

Just to confirm.......

The old pump is mechanical too, right?

If you tried priming it from the top fuel line and that didn't work......

Compare the pump levers, old vs new to see if they match up angle wise. Could be the pump arm is not engaging with the lobe inside.

• Like 2

pfrederi

The big C clip is a tool that allows you to adjust the angles on the  pipe nipples

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Jeff-C175
    • Texas Todd
      By Texas Todd
      Rebuilt and transplanted a M12 into a C-160. The K341 gave up the ghost and already had been opened to 30 over.

Anyway. Had the M12 bored to +.20 and put back together. Ordered a #103991 switch because the other one was for the K341. Fired up fine. I noticed the wire going to the regulator was very hot after just a few minutes. Upon further inspection the wire running from the battery side of the solenoid to the B terminal was melting. Put on a new wire and added a fuse. As soon as the key is turned on, it pops the fuse. 

Left the fuse out of the B wire and turned key to on and jumped across the solenoid and drove around for a bit. Everything cool and working as it should.

Bad switch or have I got something wrong? Picture below.
      S  to Solenoid Switch
      R to Regulator
      B to Hot side of solenoid
      G to Ground
      M to Magneto

• edwalsh18
      By edwalsh18
      i just posted a new thread in wheel horse section but i figured the tech talk for starting motor should be on seperate thread so this thread could stay on topic and hopefully that can help anyone later looking up similar problem with same motor. it seems the c120 wheel horse mostly came with a kohler, or it is just more popular from my searches online.

ok well i just bought a c 120 and it has a hh120 tecumseh that will not start. i dont know where to start on it as i pretty much suck at anything mechanical. BUT!! i search online A LOT and from what i have seen on RED SQUARE more than any other forum is the help you guys provide seems to be just awesome! so i joined up here. i also joined to share this red tractor with you guys here.

first thing i did was i turned the key... nothing at all, no noise. jumped the battery and turned the key and motor turned. did not start. so i disconnected the spark plug wire from spark plug and turned key to see if there was spark jumping the gap... all i got was a click then nothing. checked the voltage and it was 13+ volts on battery/jumper. thinking i just ruined something else with it i just stopped there...

Any help you guys could provide will be greatly appreciated. please keep in mind that i do not have much experience at all working on motors like this. Thanks!