Ghost66

Can you use a snowblower frame for a snowplow

Ghost66

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a Toro 520LXI for my parents.  It has the 2-stage snowblower attachment.  My dad wants a front end blade as well.  So I am wondering if there is a way remove just the "blower part" of the snowblower assembly and replace it with a snow blade.  I haven't had a chance to look at it very closely since my parents are 120 miles away.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

wallfish

:WRS:

Try telling Dad to get himself a smaller Kohler powered short frame tractor for using a push blade. (Anything from a 854,855,856,857 ect. or or even up to bigger stuff like a B80 or C series) Lots of choices but you don't need a big engine to push snow. Just makes it SO much easier to swap butts instead of attachments. Blow the snow and a quick clean up with the blade is nice and the blade is excellent for the small storms. How many times does the weatherman predict a big storm and 4 inches or less falls and vise versa. Swapping them back and forth is a pain. But, if you do need to do it, have a good look at it first when you can, figure out a way to "Quick Hitch it" for each one. :twocents-02cents:

• Like 4

cschannuth

There is nothing more fun than pushing snow. IMO

Edited by cschannuth
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

WVHillbilly520H
3 hours ago, Ghost66 said:

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a Toro 520LXI for my parents.  It has the 2-stage snowblower attachment.  My dad wants a front end blade as well.  So I am wondering if there is a way remove just the "blower part" of the snowblower assembly and replace it with a snow blade.  I haven't had a chance to look at it very closely since my parents are 120 miles away.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

I'll say no, first off it would be more of a pain to remove the blower housing from it's frame than swapping to the correct blade and frame...but with another style/brand blade and a lil fabrication it would be doable but IMO just not worth the headaches and hassle. Here's a few pictures hope these help put things in perspective... I had a 520xi with both a single stage thrower and the 48" snow blade the xi series was a bit faster foe implement change overs than the classic series IMO.

post-8836-0-22645200-1354664217_thumb.jpg

IMAG2992.jpg

IMAG2997.jpg

R9165.jpeg

Screenshot_20190125-200620.png

• Like 2

Ghost66

Thank you!  This is super helpful.  I appreciate your extra effort to get me these pictures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

moe1965

I agree with WVhillbilly fabrication would be a lot of messing around but some times that's half the fun for some. I like a challenge from time to time.  But in this case I think I would look around for a blade. I have seen them for ad little as 75 bucks.  

• Like 1