c-series don

National Geographic and Wheel Horse ads

c-series don

I just inherited a lot of National Geographic’s and I found a couple of ads in them. I forgot to take pictures of the two that I found. I do remember that they are May of 1960 and May 1967. The 67 ad I have never seen, and I will post a picture of it. My question is does anyone know of any particular issues that I should look for to find more of the ads? I’m not looking to sell the ads to make money and I’ve tried to give away the magazines because I’m not going to keep them. I just don’t want to throw away any good advertising. Unfortunately I’m missing a lot from the 70s that I would like. Thanks for any help. 

• Like 3

WHNJ701

there are 20 years of nat geo magazines in my attic from 60's to the 80s that need a good home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Tuul Crib

I just want to see the adds !! 

:wwp:!!! 

• Like 4

Stepney

Funny thing, I have some 80's Nat Geo. I saved from the dump, and there were a few of the same ads for a Blackhood, but none of the 70's editions had anything WH in them. 

AMC RULES

So, what did you find Don, that we've never seen before?

• Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib

Better than naked pigmys !!!

• Haha 1

WHNJ701

snow day, I found may 67

1551723036009-491185945.jpg

• Like 5

WHNJ701

these were my grandparents magazine's left behind never really noticed all the garden tractor ads, then again nobody has looked at these in decades

20190304_131203.jpg

20190304_134801.jpg

20190304_131411.jpg

20190304_134818.jpg

20190304_134852.jpg

• Like 5

AMC RULES

Have a thread for "other brands" there too?

c-series don

I will be back to the place where the National Geographic’s are tomorrow and will take some pictures of the ads. I will post the year and month. As Jabelman said there are a lot of cool garden tractor ads in them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

stolmar

That's too funny. I read your post and got to thinking I had a couple boxes of national geos. i finally got to the rental house basement and found the exact same book as you have. Never seen so many garden tractor adds in my life. It was the only 60's mag I had. Just about all off 72 and 73  and then a few of each year through to 1980

• Like 1

T-Mo

As mentioned, we have a section dedicated to literature, ads, articles, etc.  For instance, we have articles posted from Popular Mechanics from the early 70s here:

Here are a couple of ads.

• Like 3

WHNJ701

the more I look through these magazines it's interesting marketing  type of advertising in the 60's nat geo.  it's definitely targeted for older affluent people, numerous ads for boats and airplanes.  the car ads are the family luxury cars, and home ownership ads, the garden tractors, high end cameras and technology ads. obviously lots of travel advertising.

not one ad for any 60's muscle cars? was hoping to see a cool mustang ad or something, 

I think I will take a few pics of the interesting ads and box them back up and stuff them in the corner of the attic for my kids to find someday 

• Like 2

c-series don

December 1969 has a great 1970 SS chevelle ad.  

• Like 1

WHNJ701
On 3/9/2019 at 11:20 PM, c-series don said:

December 1969 has a great 1970 SS chevelle ad.  

moon landing edition

20190311_193152.jpg

• Like 2