Stepney

Wizard mower

Stepney

Hello, all. Saved this little Wizard over the weekend. Had to trek through 4' of snow half way into a field to dig it out. Took a good while haha. Anyway, it's a 50's Wizard 2 cycle with a Power Products engine. Does anyone here have one like it? Seems to be in mostly good shape, but it's missing most of the engine decals, and I am trying to figure what they ought to be, as I plan to restore it as a simple little project. Despite sitting over 20 years out there, I didn't even touch the points, and it lit right off today on a prime. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 8.51.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 8.52.17 PM.png

• Like 7

bc.gold

Nice looking mower, probably has a magnesium deck.

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Wicked cool Spenser!

AWESOME that it runs.

Once you get the decal pics and dimensions, our @Vinylguy could make 'em up for you.

Nice find!!

Sarge

I know a guy that uses those as well as the Eclipse aluminum deck mowers to work on a cemetery - since they are so extremely lightweight they work excellent at mowing the very steep ditch along the highway. 

That one is in amazing condition.

Sarge

Stepney
10 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I know a guy that uses those as well as the Eclipse aluminum deck mowers to work on a cemetery - since they are so extremely lightweight they work excellent at mowing the very steep ditch along the highway. 

That one is in amazing condition.

Sarge

It's a pity, apparently there was a second one in just as good of condition, which was turned into a kids sled. I've got most of that engine as spare parts atleast. I always had early LawnBoys but they all look the same mostly. I do like some different stuff now and then. Compression is quite poor on this, and the gov linkage is missing.. throttle was wired open. Hope for the best I suppose.