Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Wendover

Deck question

Anthony Wendover

I put the new 48" deck on the tractor and took the blower and snow cab off last night. I do have a issue though. I can

TT

Check to see if the rubber stops one the mower carriage are contacting the bottom of the footrests when the mower is completely raised. If they are not, you'll need to adjust the lift link eyebolt per the following IPL: (nos 20/22)

1978andup.jpg

Because of the "thickness" or height of the WH decks and the mounting carriages, they do not clear the ground by much when in the fully raised position. It is not uncommon for the gauge wheels to skim along on the ground with the mower raised - especially if you have them set for a higher cutting height.

C-Series14

TT is correct and just for added info, I put my deck wheels to lowest setting while the deck is raised and not in use...

Anthony Wendover

When the deck is raised the rubber stops are about 3 or 4 inches away from the footrests.. I took the deck off and took the chain off and I can

Anthony Wendover

Whelp I adjusted the front of the deck to level it out in the lift position. I then cranked that nut just to the point of just being able to push the lift button. So its ass end is up now about a inch I think it is...