The Tuul Crib

It's official now!

The Tuul Crib

It's official now!  We have gone down in the record books here in Nashville for the wettest February in 140 years! It is absolutely pouring outside and has been doing so for the past 2 and a half hours!!:confusion-helpsos:

Edited by The Tool Crib
  • Sad 3

troutbum70

Send it in any direction except up north.

• Like 1

JAinVA

Seems to be raining every day here as well.Last year was bad for rain in Va.Looks to be the same this year so far.Rained on and off yesterday and all day today.I made myself a promise that any day it's not raining I will be out working.Playing in the mud in my sixties

was not in the plan.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Haha 1

The Tuul Crib

Tonight was the worst I've never seen it this bad in my neighborhood before !

953 nut

We have been getting hammered too. The forecast for Monday is sunny, followed by another week of rain.   :sad-darkcloud:      The creek on our property is usually calm, not so today.

102_2557.JPG.0ef234dbc281b85534c30f13ed7b4cac.JPG102_2810.JPG.d90ee2d9ec584c9ce13243375c4df168.JPG

• Sad 1

The Tuul Crib
19 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

We have been getting hammered too. The forecast for Monday is sunny, followed by another week of rain.   :sad-darkcloud:      The creek on our property is usually calm, not so today.

102_2557.JPG.0ef234dbc281b85534c30f13ed7b4cac.JPG102_2810.JPG.d90ee2d9ec584c9ce13243375c4df168.JPG

Ahh yes the butter cup so durable and 

what beauty!!! There  ramped on my hillside!!

ztnoo

Well.............in the great scheme of things, doesn't look concerning to me.

Let us know when it begins to rise above the threshold of your main entry door.

Guest 88vic

Life jackets and paddles while sitting on the couch floating around inside the house 😂😂😂  not funny but it would be funny. 

roadapples

I don't have to shovel rain....:ph34r:

• Like 4

JAinVA

Look like Dafodils to me.Fool things seem to never care what the weather brings.Had blooms with snow on them.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 2

dells68
8 hours ago, roadapples said:

I don't have to shovel rain....:ph34r:

Nope, but I do have to shovel a lot to repair what the runoff has messed up.  Last night it was just inches away from flooding Dad’s driveway and causing a lot more work.  We’ll see what today brings.  We’re under a flood warning until late this afternoon.

Sarge

I hope you folks don't get the winds we're having today on top of all the rain - that would be a bad deal. Hitting well over 60mph here this morning for the last few hours, amazing that we still have power. The rains we had yesterday and last night are making the flooding worse since the ground is still frozen and cannot absorb any more anyway. Not to mention the remaining snowpack and ice - some melted yesterday but most of the drainage ditches are full and unable to empty off due to the packed snow. A lot of water ponding in various spots around the area from the rain/melting and we've had a lot of accidents when people hit that water at full speed - need to keep your eyes peeled, folks! The potholes have been staggering this year in the number of them and especially the depth - I'm going to get a lot of work hours this spring trying to fix all the damage. Most State Highways are an obstacle course and some of those holes are easily capable of destroying a suspension - there are a lot of broken parts laying around already. This summer will be interesting to see what parts I find this year - found an entire brake caliper last year on I-80 near MM82 - no wheel or anything else but broken cast parts from the mounting arm. We have got to invest back into our infrastructure to keep up with the degradation to our roads - in most areas the road bases are well over 80yrs old and beyond any repair - this pattern of putting bandages on gangrene wounds isn't working. 

Sarge

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib
19 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I hope you folks don't get the winds we're having today on top of all the rain - that would be a bad deal. Hitting well over 60mph here this morning for the last few hours, amazing that we still have power. The rains we had yesterday and last night are making the flooding worse since the ground is still frozen and cannot absorb any more anyway. Not to mention the remaining snowpack and ice - some melted yesterday but most of the drainage ditches are full and unable to empty off due to the packed snow. A lot of water ponding in various spots around the area from the rain/melting and we've had a lot of accidents when people hit that water at full speed - need to keep your eyes peeled, folks! The potholes have been staggering this year in the number of them and especially the depth - I'm going to get a lot of work hours this spring trying to fix all the damage. Most State Highways are an obstacle course and some of those holes are easily capable of destroying a suspension - there are a lot of broken parts laying around already. This summer will be interesting to see what parts I find this year - found an entire brake caliper last year on I-80 near MM82 - no wheel or anything else but broken cast parts from the mounting arm. We have got to invest back into our infrastructure to keep up with the degradation to our roads - in most areas the road bases are well over 80yrs old and beyond any repair - this pattern of putting bandages on gangrene wounds isn't working. 

Sarge

We had over two inches dumped on in less than two hours here. We had several rescues just down the road . The RV park had all of their fifth wheels moved out. I've been in this area of Nashville for 30 years and have never seen it this bad. We are at 13.77 inches for this month alone and that beats the record back in 1880! More rain Thursday! 

The Tuul Crib
11 hours ago, WHEELHORSEFAN3 said:

Life jackets and paddles while sitting on the couch floating around inside the house 😂😂😂  not funny but it would be funny. 

The only thing not funny would be to not have a cold yuengling near by!!!

:banana-rock:

chip61

It's normally wet in Mathews because it's so low down there, but this is riduculous! I can usually move from this barn to my shed when I want to work on something but the ground is so soft I can't drive across the field without tearing it up. A little more rain and I can use the boat to get around.

20190224_140233.jpg

• Haha 1

953 nut

I am becoming a bit concerned!    :confusion-confused:         

We haven't had any appreciable rain in three days and my mud is becoming a bit dehydrated, I may need to begin watering it!             :hide:                  :ychain:

• Haha 4

bottjernat1

used_tractor.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

chip61
11 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

We haven't had any appreciable rain in three days and my mud is becoming a bit dehydrated, I may need to begin watering it!             :hide:                  :ychain:

I have plenty of water if you need some!!! :D

• Haha 1

The Tuul Crib
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Can we send you some. We have enough to go around!! 

:ROTF:

• Haha 1

953 nut
8 hours ago, chip61 said:

I have plenty of water if you need some!!! :D

6 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

Can we send you some. We have enough to go around!! 

:ROTF:

No problem, it started raining again right after lunch, my mud is becoming re-hydrated!            :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1