wallfish

Anyone recognize these parts?

AMC RULES

:popcorn:It'll be interesting to see...

what effect WD-40, and 0000 steel wool has on this thing.

• Haha 4

wallfish

Just glad you're interested in doing it! Paint, dye, stain or a crayon, or a combination of all of them, doesn't really matter to me so feel free to put your own artistic touch to it however you see fit. I'm sure it will come out great. Hec, this might swing me from the toothpick thing and soft pine wood is easier to do. There is going to be some different wood involved, like it will have some birch toothpick parts and I believe the dowel is pine but...

Let me know if you want some ahead of time to to experiment with in your lab.

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

wallfish
36 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

It'll be interesting to see...

I was surprised you didn't reply back to post #90 to paint one but after reading back through to search for that post #, maybe my replies to your initial post could've easily been taken the wrong way. Certainly my intentions weren't to offend you but typing it out and reading it back at a different time are 2 different things. And if I did I apologize!!!!!!  Maybe some emojis would've helped? Are we still good?

BTW, Can you actually paint with a one hair brush? And what kind of hair is it? Ooooo

• Heart 1

AMC RULES

No offense taken John...

was just stunned to see, after so much opposition to my idea...

that you would ultimately end up farming it out to someone else. 

:dunno: Do you know what you're getting done, or are you just :handgestures-fingerscrossed:, and hoping for the best?  

• Like 1

Pullstart

Quite amazing to see another model just pop up like that.  My hat’s off to you John!  Well that and I’m going to bed, so my hat has to come off...

• Like 3

wallfish
8 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

No offense taken John...

was just stunned to see, after so much opposition to my idea...

that you would ultimately end up farming it out to someone else. 

:dunno: Do you know what you're getting done, or are you just :handgestures-fingerscrossed:, and hoping for the best?  

Painting, staining type stuff is not my thing at all. Suck at it probably because it's something I never look forward to do. Not much experience coloring wood except for some staining here and there. Plus I don't have any products to use.

Dick has all the stuff to do it and experience with wood so he can do whatever he wants from a beat up old patina look to a shiny new trailer queen paint job, or turn it into a Disco Ball. We'll have to wait and see.

The pine is so much easier, so wondering if some jigs could be made to streamline the process and eventually I can do more. It's the curve shaping that takes time and the hood grill with all of the curves in different directions is the toughest. Sand one part and it effects another so it's difficult to keep somewhat symmetrical and not over sand it too small. 

• Like 3

19richie66

The wooden semi/street rod models I made took forever and they don’t have the detail yours does. It’s a tedious process for sure. I had blueprints to go by although I modified and deviated from the prints a bit. Can’t imagine having to size it up by eye.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
14 hours ago, wallfish said:

Not a problem Ed, I'll take care of you at the big show! I got the tools. :Dhammer.jpg.874451a68def2a9bfc3cb9899d6305de.jpg

61M9MGc4mwL.jpg.708a97b935c8ba49cc107ef050d97fc4.jpg

I'm OK with thee tweezers John, but if you don't mind.

I'll bring my own high tech tool to open the punkin.

Wood Hole Saw Stock Photo - 52853635

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

19richie66

The whole thing looks great but that seat looks awesome! Perfect sizing.

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

I still can’t believe that there are going to be two mice running around the big show!  John, please tell them to stay out of my wife’s camper!

wallfish
15 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

The whole thing looks great but that seat looks awesome! Perfect sizing.

Thanks Richie!

Got lucky and for some reason it always seems the first one is the best one. Every time I try to copy something it doesn't come out as good.

The piece of wood cut off the block was used like this and the width and thickness for the hood and seat are very close to being the same, so sanding it to shape made it just a little thinner and smaller. May have used a different piece for the trans case but can't remember.

IMG_0255.JPG.231d2fc8050479f51c8969b424184d67.JPG.b2238c9bb24e01d4718e6d3ebb6c8249.JPG

I'll be selling little RJ model kits for $99.98 :ychain:

You too can have your own model RJ to collect and share with your friends. Makes a great display and a wonderful conversation piece! You will be the envy of your neighborhood !!!!!!!

Very Easy to Build and the kit includes EVERYTHING you need.

So ORDER NOW! Call Today! 1 800 747-8633  (RIPUOFF) Call today! Call today! Call today! Call today!

But Wait!

Order within the next 10 seconds and get a second one for free!!! Just pay extra for shipping & handling (and to throw some extra cash in my pocket!)

These very easy to build kits include a beautiful block of yellow pine, a bent dowel, a super sharp razor blade, a butter knife for sawing,  a large piece of sandpaper and not enough glue. Comes with minimal instructions that might have a couple of horrible stick pictures!

:ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

Pullstart

I’ll take 10!  Do I get a volume discount?  Pre-cut pieces?

• Haha 1

wallfish
26 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Pre-cut pieces?

Please forget to read the fine print! There is absolutely no support to answer ANY of your questions. Just order now! Thank you!

Oh, forgot to mention "Have your credit card ready when placing your order" as to not waste any of my time while you fumble around looking for it!:lol:

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

SylvanLakeWH
40 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Please forget to read the fine print! There is absolutely no support to answer ANY of your questions. Just order now! Thank you!

Oh, forgot to mention "Have your credit card ready when placing your order" as to not waste any of my time while you fumble around looking for it!:lol:

What? No set of free knives?

:ychain:

• Haha 1

wallfish
35 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

What? No set of free knives?

No, but it's possible the deal could include some free Band-Aids since the razor blade is dangerous! Or, maybe just include in the instructions that the blood is to be used for WH red and intended for use to color your new wood model. The more blood, the more richer and deeper the color will become so adjust the luster to your own individual taste.:scratchead:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

953 nut
3 hours ago, wallfish said:

You too can have your own model RJ to collect and share with your friends. Makes a great display and a wonderful conversation piece! You will be the envy of your neighborhood !!!!!!!

Very Easy to Build and the kit includes EVERYTHING you need.

Just opened my kit, it looks great!               :ROTF:

Image result for pile of toothpicks

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Looks like you're gonna need one of these in order to finish it. 

Image result for vintage chainsaw

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

wallfish
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

Looks like you're gonna need one of these in order to finish it. 

Or to fend off any irate customers

1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

Just opened my kit, it looks great! 

Oh, you got one of the early partially assembled versions. I see the steering shaft and a couple of frame rails! When you cut the point off the rails use one of the little points for the spark plug! You're almost done!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH
4 hours ago, wallfish said:

When you cut the point off the rails use one of the little points for the spark plug! You're almost done!

Can you show a video of you applying the numbers on the spark plug? Are you going to paint them  with a one hair brush or is @Vinylguy going to do the graphics???

It would also be helpful to see how you tap the head so the plug screws in ...

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

wallfish
2 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Can you show a video of you applying the numbers on the spark plug? Are you going to paint them  with a one hair brush or is @Vinylguy going to do the graphics???

Well, as stated before, I can't paint... so how's this for something close?

Try drilling a hole by hand with a dremel tool lengthwise down the center of a toothpick. That piece is about 1" long.

So far there's no holes drilled into my fingers on these particular projects but it has happened numerous times. Strange is the holes stay clean for just a little while if they are straight in and you can see right down to the bottom of'em. Worst was an 1/8" hole about 1/4" deep in my thumb. took a long time to heal that one.

IMG_0321.JPG.1140d2c51f3136d268550062185f1249.JPG

IMG_0322.JPG.c300085330cb108e1e817dc1bafae622.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

wallfish

Didn't get much done today ( except writing jokes) but did get to work on one tire for a rim and try to get it to look right. Curved the sides so it doesn't look so flat walled and more like a tire.

888602587_smalltirewithrim.JPG.3033899bc0a9477d7876729961291d43.JPG

1318616942_smtirewithrim.JPG.6d9af2035066584edfbe56123a5a5343.JPG

And more side wall on the new larger tires. Time for little slats around the insides

658519402_sidesonbigtires.JPG.a3fb46f3bab1a4ee4acc9262ba0ab45d.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 5

Sparky
21 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Didn't get much done today ( except writing jokes) 

Great write up and pictures....jokes, eh :roll:

• Like 1

wallfish
2 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Great write up and pictures....jokes, eh :roll:

WHAT? I'm still laughing at that PM I sent ya!

• Like 1