Ed Kennell

Road Trip ?

WHX??

What's nice about that haul Ed is (hopefully) stuff going to save other horses and keep our hobby alive other than the scrap yard. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 5

953 nut
4 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Is there anyway to ID this externally?

I'm thinking 8 pinion later model 8 speed because of the dip stick and the brake band mount. @stevasaurus could probably be able to ID it for sure.

Edited by 953 nut
fat finger
  • Thanks 1

wallfish

What happened to the RJ?

I'm think'n Ed is hold'n out and still keep'n some more of the good stuff from prying eyes

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

953 nut
6 hours ago, wallfish said:

Ed is hold'n out and still keep'n some more of the good stuff from prying eyes

There may have been a third trip that we don't know about.    :confusion-confused:            A Clandestine Kennell Caper!          :ychain:

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Shynon
15 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

8 speed w/ 1 1/8" axles and hubs.   Is there anyway to ID this externally?   ie.  8 or 10 pinion,  limited slip

8 pinion has a pipe plug in the lower fill hole by the hitch 10 pinion has a pipe coupling and then a pipe plug. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHNJ701

what are those 2 smaller AG tire/rims off of?

stevasaurus

Is there a casting date on the case??  It is possible that the transmission is a #5073, 6 speed, 10 pinion limited slip.  The #5073 had the dip stick, and the brake band was mounted on the cluster gear shaft.  If you did see the 1" extension with the fill plug, i would feel comfortable saying it is a #5073...how ever, I think that extension was something that was added later and just may not have been added to yours.  Try taking out those 2 fender bolts, shine a good flashlight down one hole and look down the other.  If you can see the bolts of the differential...the 10 pinion has 5 bolts...the 8 pinion has 4 bolts.  You can try turning one of the hubs "slowly" with the transmission in neutral.  If both wheels turn forward, it's a 10, but this is by no means a guarantee...a weak spring could fool you into thinking you have an 8 pinion when you really have a 10.  The best way to find out is to open it up...which I would think you are planning on doing whether you are going to sell it or not.

If it is an 8 pinion, again, what is the casting date?  #5091, 103907, 103916, 103918, 110995 and there may be some more that are 8 pinion with 1 1/8" axles.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ed Kennell
3 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Is there a casting date on the case??  It is possible that the transmission is a #5073, 6 speed, 10 pinion limited slip. 

Thank you Steve.   All that great info is much appreciated.   I will make the checks and report back.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
5 hours ago, Shynon said:

8 pinion has a pipe plug in the lower fill hole by the hitch 10 pinion has a pipe coupling and then a pipe plug. 

Thanks Tom, I'll check it out.

Ed Kennell
15 hours ago, wallfish said:

What happened to the RJ?

I'm think'n Ed is hold'n out and still keep'n some more of the good stuff from prying eyes

I got the one with the deck.  It was on the first load with the Raider 12 and the No name 12.  I also got the RJ parts tractor shown on the second load.

Lenny decided to keep the other RJ.

Not holdin out John.   The  stuff I didn't show was all  non :wh:.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
5 hours ago, jabelman said:

what are those 2 smaller AG tire/rims off of?

I'll have to check if the wheels are keyed.  I'm thinking a walk b-hind snow blower.